I'm sooooo hungry!

Options
2»

Replies

• peanutsmom424
    peanutsmom424 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try eating every 3-4 hours. I eat breakfast every morning, bring a mid morning and mid afternoon snack to work, as well as lunch and dinner of course. Sometimes I get the 'nothing will satisfy' feeling as well....when it hits me it's usually a craving. Chocolate, slurpee, etc. I allow myself these treats when it hits. Seems to work. I've lost just about 75 lbs on MFP. Good luck, and ENJOY your food!!!
  • sandrakarinab
    sandrakarinab Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Need to get back to work - will check back here later.

What I'm taking away from this so far - regular snacks, increase fibre & protein, reduce sugars (dropping the alcohol should do that) and try to keep the daily calorie count more stable. If that doesn't work over the next few days I'll eat my excercise calories.

Thanks All !
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Eat 5 small meals a day and I would add some cals as you had 700+ left. Your body could be in starvation mode. Also, change up your workout routine or activity as your body becomes immune. Good luck!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Protein. Next.
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh and have you had your hormones checked by a doc? Could be caused by a thyroid issue. I would look into this possibility if things do not improve. I agree about upping pro/fiber (recommend Kashi Go Lean Bars) and lesson or reduce sugar for sure! I would also stay away from any sweet beverages too! Drink TONS of water! :smile:
  • psychofantasy
    Options
    You're definitely clamping down on the calories too much.

I do the same thing - for me its a mental thing. I always end up cutting my calories low for a week or so, then binging. I noticed that there's been a couple times that you've done sort of the same thing.When I cut my calories too low, I feel tired, sluggish, moody, and hungry. Then I binge, and I feel tired, sluggish, moody, and just plain miserable. It all comes down to being patient with yourself, and feeding yourself enough so that you aren't hungry and have energy. I know it's been repeated almost to cliche status, but the weight wasn't put on overnight and it won't come off overnight.

I finally found my caloric sweet spot and so will you. Like others here, I've found that eating five to six small meals a day works well. I would also suggest hitting at least 1300-1500 calories per day (maybe more with exercise) EVERY day for at least two weeks. Then re-evaluate. Are you feeling better? More energetic? Has the scale begun to go down again? If not, bump it up another 100-200 calories until you start to see results.

Also if you're someone who has a sweet tooth, I'll tell you what has worked for me in curbing the cravings. Eat something sweet in the mornings. Not coffee - that sugar will hit your system hard and fast; try to choose something that will digest a bit slower. For me, I usually choose some kind of pastry, or sweetened oatmeal, but I always make sure it is 300 calories or under and not completely loaded with sugar. It kind of helps in weening me off the sugar (I used to eat A LOT of it). I know I'll probably need to give it up eventually, but right now, I haven't had a problem with sugar cravings since I started doing that.

Anyway, I hope I've helped a bit, and I wish you nothing but the best in achieving your goals :happy:
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    readjust your goals to lost .5 lbs a week instead of 2lbs a week, your calories will increase ( but you will still be at a defecit) and you will still lose. You wont be as starving as you are now.. and if you cant maintain it... how is it going to help you in the LONG run.. a.k.a. the rest of your life..

You don't want to yoyo diet,, you want to change your lifestyle to something sustainable.. and obviously 1200 is not sustainable for you.

Eat a bit more and you will be much happier, and your body will thank you.

Good luck
  • mlh156
    mlh156 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Get a diet buddy. Works for me. Oh... well... it did... until I hit a plateau :-)