Pizza, why oh why does it taste sooo good

Options
BreaNix
BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
My husband went and picked up a pizza from Costco for dinner.

Fortunately I still had plenty of calories left for dinner. I even managed to stop in time to save enough calories for a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich.Yummy!!!!!:tongue:
But I could have kept going if I didn't have to account for the calories.

Darn you pizza for tasting so good and having so many calories.:grumble:

Replies

• BreaNix
    Options
    My husband went and picked up a pizza from Costco for dinner.

Fortunately I still had plenty of calories left for dinner. I even managed to stop in time to save enough calories for a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich.Yummy!!!!!:tongue:
    But I could have kept going if I didn't have to account for the calories.

Darn you pizza for tasting so good and having so many calories.:grumble:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i so agree with you
    we have hells pizza here oh its so yummy and alot healthier than other pizza's but still high calories so can only have like 2 peices of pizza but im thinking i might save my calories so i can have just one more peice 3 is enough for me with some home made wedges i think instead of the ones from the store.
    thats what i like about eating this way its all your choice as long as you eat realitivly healthy and watch the calories you can have your treats as well
    we have pizza 1once a fortnight so not like its a regualr thing so a little save and indulge is ok.
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    I have an excellent pizza alternative for you!!! It's not EXACTLY Pizza, but its super low in calories, very high in fiber and virtually non-existent in fat.

I make 2 at a time!!!

Take 2 small (or large) Whole Wheat La Tortilla Factory Tortillas. Lightly spray a pan with either olive oil spray or canola oil spray. Put the tortilla in the pan. Spread tomato paste on the top. Sprinkle a small amount of parmesan cheese over the tomato paste and slowly heat in pan. In a separate pan I simmer (without any oil) onions, green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, mushrooms until they are nice and browned. Making sure that the tortillas don't burn, as soon as the tomato paste is well-heated, and the veggies are well-cooked, top the pizza with half of the veggie mixture.

Do the same with Tortilla #2. It will TOTALLY quench your taste for pizza and it's REALLY, REALLY good for you. The La Tortilla Factory Tortillas are SUPER HIGH in fiber. And are only 1 WW Point (if you're a WW person). I get them here at Ralph's in LA, but check their website for a store near you.

Good luck!!!
  • BreaNix
    Options
    That sounds great I'm going to try this.

Thank you:smile:
  • BreaNix
    Options

• beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Pizza tastes so good because it's bad BAD BAD BAD, like all those other BAD foods I love to eat like cake, and buttercream frosting and freshly baked bread with real butter...... ugh
  • lovesdaisies
    Options

Seriously...they're great. Again, it's not really anywhere near a nice, gooey, cheesy pizza, but I've found that it hits the spot when that's all I'm craving and all I can focus on!

Now if I could just find the alternative for freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, I'll be all set!!!!!

BTW, I use the La Tortilla Tortillas for cinnamon / sugar fixes, as well. I spray a little bit of spray butter on the top, do the same thing with the tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle a little brown sugar and lots of cinnamon on the top and fold it in half like a taco. When I go to the mall and can't get CINNABON out of my head, I always come home and make a couple of these - knocks the craving right out...and again...IT'S PERFECTLY SAFE AND HEALTHY!!
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I like the La Tortilla Tortillas also . I make a pizza substitute
    1 tortilla cover it with fat free mozarella, a little pecorino romano for flavor. Cut some freh tomato slices on top then sprinkle with oregano and basil. put in 400 degree oven until cheese melts.
    Absolutely awesome and easy.

I will also use swiss and herbs and pop it into the microwave for a few seconds
  • lilnatn2
    lilnatn2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love Pizza Hut Veggies Lovers thin crust pizza. Its only 180 calories a slice and sooo yummy. The hand tossed is also delicious, at 210 calories a slice.