If I don't exercise can I still cut down weight?

Options
Hi~ I am a university student and next week will be my finals..and I'm spending time cooped up in my room to study and have much lesser time exercising.... but my average daily intake of calories are approximately 1100~ and working hard to hit 1200 because that's my calorific goal... so can I still loss weight if I don't exercise by controlling my daily calorie intake??

Any suggestions and advices are greatly appreciated~!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can!
    MFP doesn't take exercise into account, if you stick to the recommended daily calorie allowance you should lose weight.
    Of course, exercise is very good for your general health, but you don't have to do it to lose weight. And when you do, you can eat more and still lose weight, how good is that!
  • sch7355
    sch7355 Posts: 55
    Options
    Definitely. As long as you're taking in less calories than your body requires, you will lose weight. I lost my first 20 lbs by just counting calories alone with no exercise at all!
  • soon_chaos
    soon_chaos Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you~! I saw some post about this 30 Days Shred~ Is it good? I am willing to try it after my finals to have a better toned- up body~!!
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yes you definitly can! If you make nutrition your priory I promise you will start to see results!
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can definitely lose weight by cutting calories alone. However exercise tones you up and makes you look fit/ better distribution of weight. Any Jillian Michaels workout DVDs are great!! 30 Day shred is good because it is not as intense as some of her others. Good luck!
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You definitely can. Also....as you mentioned, 30 Day Shred is a WONDERFUL dvd. It's only about 25 minutes long, but it a great workout. I have a hard time motivating myself to workout for an hour every day, but I can usually convince myself to get off the couch by reminding myself its just 25 minutes. Even better....by the end of the dvd, I'm usually pretty pumped up and already sweaty, so then I'll just hop on the elliptical and burn even more calories!
  • michelechavez
    Options
    Exercise is also great for stress relief and you can probably use some of that, what with finals and all. Even a short 10-minute walk can make a difference.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    yes everyone says it is 90% diet and only 10% activity. But I notice that I get much better results when I exercise. Maybe it is the reduction in stress hormones. But I have been dieting with out exercise for months and not seeing the progress I want so am going to get back on the horse tonight with 30 day shred
  • lyndabw
    lyndabw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :love: :flowerforyou:

So good to know . That is just what my doctor said. How good is that.

I still try to exercise , but I am not always a good girl about that.

Lynda
    :smile: