Losing belly fat!

Options
Any tips on how to lose belly fat?
I want to get a flatter stomach by summer at least!
I have been exercising 4 times a week for 23 minutes on the tredmil losing about 200 calories
i know it is not a lot but i do not have time for more
i also do kettle worx work outs 2 / 3 times a week
usually the core, abs or fat burn.
please help me out!!
thank you

Replies

• Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You are going to get A LOT of varying opinions here! People will tell you abs are made in the kitchen, you cannot spot reduce ( meaning do 1000 sit ups a day every day and it won't help). Everyone has abs, you have a layer of fat over them. The best thing you can do it drop your body fat %! A combo of strength training with cardio is typically what I have been told! Good luck!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You are going to get A LOT of varying opinions here! People will tell you abs are made in the kitchen, you cannot spot reduce ( meaning do 1000 sit ups a day every day and it won't help). Everyone has abs, you have a layer of fat over them. The best thing you can do it drop your body fat %! A combo of strength training with cardio is typically what I have been told! Good luck!

For the most part this. Healthy fats, olive oil, avacado, nuts, etc. all help with fat burn, just won't be able to determine from where. Strength and cardio both help. Key is patience. Others should have more specifics so sorry it's not more.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Quick question: how long have you been doing what you described? You need to give it like 3-4 weeks to see a visible difference.

Also, remember that diet is a big part of the equation. All the exercises in the world won't make a difference if your diet's all over the place. You can't spot reduce - just focus on losing body fat and the midsection will tone up.

Kettlebells are great for losing body fat.
  • GreatVibe
    GreatVibe Posts: 87
    Options
    I have been doing the excerises for a bit more than a month
    i have seen a difference but not much as i do not measure my waist (which i probably should do)
    just by looking
    i lost 1 kg so far but my weight keeps going UP AND DOWN UP AND DOWN its terrible
    my diet is healthy over all i do talk to a nutritionist to maintain a healthy diet!
    thanks for ur help!
  • Lundhild
    Lundhild Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My trainer always says you can do abs everyday so any you do can strengthen your abs. Also, no matter what other exercises you do always do bycicle crunches as that strengthens the top muscles so you actually see results. As the other person says on top of ab exercises you also have to do cardio to lose overall body fat.

Good Luck!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Keep doing the kettlebells, they really helped me get my belly flat again after two pregnancies.
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    And don't forget planks! Regular and side planks are very good core exercises
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options

agree with this ^^
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TiredandReadyForLoss
    TiredandReadyForLoss Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    whole grains, fruits, green leafy veggies, lots of proteins and less sugar....you'll see a difference.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    And don't forget planks! Regular and side planks are very good core exercises

Just as a side note. don't do the "imitate a board planks." I'm not kidding, I know people who thought that's what I meant by planks...

But I agree with what this guy said. Planks have been helping the muscle wall a lot, and cardio + diet changes are VERY SLOWLY changing everything all over. Don't forget to stay hydrated. Gotta drink water to flush water weight. :P
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiAxUYezNz41q6GEym7STzE5uc5Wj9t8STmlLwbYb894F9viww1Q
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiAxUYezNz41q6GEym7STzE5uc5Wj9t8STmlLwbYb894F9viww1Q

will you marry me?
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Keep doing the kettlebells, they really helped me get my belly flat again after two pregnancies.

Any links for kettle ball workouts? Thanks in advance!