lost motivation .. help...

Options
From January til April I was as dedicated as they come, I ate the required calories, exercised daily and went from 162 pounds to 145. Since the weather has gotten nicer and my husband and i started working on building projects outside and wanting to relax in our pool. My desire to be at the gym had diminished.. any thoughts..

Replies

• Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Maybe exercise outside or in your pool.
  • Meltaweigh60
    Options
    Great idea! Maybe you could swim laps or work with some exercise bands against the resistance of the water.
  • lyndabw
    lyndabw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well are you still eating the required calories? If so your work outside is excersise. Just run not walk. Things like that.
    Keep up you are doing great.
    Keep the faith, it takes time, and weight lost slowly stays off!!!!!!
    :bigsmile:
    lynda
  • lyndabw
    lyndabw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well are you still eating the required calories? If so your work outside is excersise. Just run not walk. Things like that.
    Keep up you are doing great.
    Keep the faith, it takes time, and weight lost slowly stays off!!!!!!
    :bigsmile:

I lost 90 pounds in 6 months a few years ago, I put myself in starvation mode. Well when I started to eat again I put on 120 pounds. Now it is really hard to get it off. I have to be so careful so I stick to my 1200 Cal's. And work out some. I love life and I love ME. As I am. I am loosing slow but sure and this time its for good.
    lynda
    :flowerforyou:
  • Cmandy67
    Cmandy67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Do something fun that is active. It's time to switch it up, do something new. Play tennis or go for a forest walk/jog or swimming. Don't be hard on yourself, have fun and get sweaty!
  • stpalst
    stpalst Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    maybe swim while in the pool or do some osrt of exercise in the pool
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Swimming is great and low impact, but the down side is that swimming makes people hungry, and being at home its going to be easy to just get out of the pool and go to the fridge.
  • notnormallyacaloriecounter
    Options
    Swimming is great and low impact, but the down side is that swimming makes people hungry, and being at home its going to be easy to just get out of the pool and go to the fridge.

This is true, but summer is also the BEST time for fresh fruits and vegetables. I love the thought of swimming and a big slice of watermelon! You burn more calories than you know, especially when you're outside enjoying the weather. I've heard a lot of people say the gym is for fall and winter, but in the summer they have their butts out in the sun! You're aware that you're losing or have lost interest and asking for help so I think you'll do alright. Good luck!
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Change it up and enjoy the nice weather. Start big walks /hikes, running, bike riding. Go to the park and can do circuits, even out in you own yard, tricipe dips, shuttle runs, lunges, squats. By a skipping rope and skip outside. You can do great excercise and still enjoy the outdoors. Don't always need a gym. Google some circuit ideas and will find you can do the gym you can do outside
  • angelawishart
    angelawishart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to refocus and get back on track. It will happen. Did some aqua aerobics today, heavy house cleaning.
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too this week! 163-147 since February, but numbers started going back up a bit (149). Was feeling disillusioned and started snacking more on the refined sugars to keep up with the kidlets (it didn't help that hubby was out of town on business).

Then I realized something that re-lit my fire. I am so much stronger, and confident than I was just 4 1/2 months ago. I find that I let things slide when I don't have a concrete goal, so I also set some new goals: 10k on Canada Day, Warrior Dash in August, Army 1/2 marathon in September.

You can do this!

~wender
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    From January til April I was as dedicated as they come, I ate the required calories, exercised daily and went from 162 pounds to 145. Since the weather has gotten nicer and my husband and i started working on building projects outside and wanting to relax in our pool. My desire to be at the gym had diminished.. any thoughts..

Find some outside activites you like. Ride a bike, walk, hike. Swim in that pool outside. And building projects burn calories, you know....