Green Smoothies

KansasGal
KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
So I have started having a Green Smoothie for breakfast every morning hoping it will help me. I have noticed they make me feel really full and seem to give me more energy to work out. So does any one else out there have any recipes? Right now I just do spinach, banana and pineapple.

Replies

• kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    The one I make is 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup chopped celery, half an apple, 1 banana, cup of water, handfull of ice and squeeze half a lime in there.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    It's not exactly green but my favorite shake so far is Chocolate shakeology, almond milk, spinach, avocado, strawberries, PB2 and ice! Tastes fantastic!
  • Louis79
    Louis79 Posts: 1
    Let your imagination rip. My tip is I go to the farmers market, buy fresh fruit on the cheap like strawberries, bananas, blueberries or rasberries or pineapple, cut it and freeze and use that for smoothies. I haven't added any veggies yet, but I do add flax seed. And I've found there is little difference in "smoothiness" whether I use greek yogurt or plain water.
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    My every day morning smoothie is:

1-2 handfulls of baby spinach
    1/2 c frozen blueberries
    1 banana
    3/4 c light vanilla soy milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    A few cubes of ice to make thicker

Very delicious, and it helps me get my greens in :smile:
  • No recipes here but stay away from Chard! Made all my green smoothies taste horrible. Ughh. I can still taste it.
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    skim milk, PB2, spinach, nonfat yogurt, flaxseed meal, frozen banana,1/2 scoop protein powder.
  • sesamebutterfly
    sesamebutterfly Posts: 11 Member
    My favorite green smoothie ingredients are almond milk, spinach, blueberries, mango, and strawberries. I mix it up sometimes and use apple or pineapple instead of the other fruits. Green smoothies are a great way to start your day!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Thanks, Every one! All sound delicious! I have been on the fence on whether to add yogurt to the shake or not... I know it can add more calories but it can also add much needed vitamins.
  • JNJN25
    JNJN25 Posts: 60
    My green smoothie consists of kale, spinach, strawberries, flaxseed, ice cubes and of course water.
  • juliej65
    juliej65 Posts: 17 Member
    My favorite is dates with Kale or spinach, frozen mango and fresh strawberries. I also add ground flax seed.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    bump thanks for the recipes and topic
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Try Kimberley Snyders Glowing Green Smoothie. Lots of celebs use it to lose weight. Just google it.
  • GZinSea
    GZinSea Posts: 50 Member
    I'd say let your imagination run wild with the greens, as long as you add some apple, carrots, grapes - something with sweetness - almost anything works. And try beets, super healthy and better tasting in a green drink than you would think.
  • rob021880
    rob021880 Posts: 28
    haven't had one yet, but there are some tasty ideas in here.