**Help** Should I get a new dress? 8 Weeks

Options
Okay, A friend gave me this dress, I was hopeing to wear it to my 10 year H.S. Reunion...
I just don't know if I can make it work or not. I have 8 weeks, and my back "fat/untonedness" is making me rethink that idea.

Should I go for it? Or give up and find a closed back dress?....
I am doing 30 day DS...I am down 19 lbs since I started MFP.... but I still don't know what to do.

Replies

• mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    shoot. I can't get the image up??? I did it on photo bucket...http://s1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj504/mrsejennings/?action=view&current=BACK-DRESS.png
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    BACK-DRESS.png
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    The dress looks beautiful on you! But I do see what you mean about the back, I think you can pull it off, but I would find something you are 100% comfortable in :]
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    IS that you in the dress?
    If so, then I think you can do it if you work your butt off everyday doing toning exercises.
    You look good now and I know people who have looked worse in a dress. But I know what you're saying about looking more toned, I think.

8 weeks is alot--I lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks. I think you can do it!!!!!!

And I love your shoes and the dress is def hot!!! :)
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Stick with that dress!!

For the next 8 weeks, focus on eating within your calorie and macro goals. Exercise lots, including weight lifting. You'll look great in that dress if you are determined and honest for the next 8 weeks :-)

edited because I forgot to say - You will look great in that dress if you do all that, cause you already look good in it!!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I think you can pull it off now, but if you have 8 weeks you can do it for sure. I'd have a backup dress that you feel sexy in just in case you are not comfortable. You want your confidence to show!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was unable to see the dress, but it could have been me. :(
    Personally, I would keep working out like you are doing. You said that you have lost 19 lbs!!
    That is awesome!!

If, for some reason - a week before the H.S. reunion you do not feel the dress is adequate, then I would
    buy a new one.

Personally, I think you should be adventurous and flaunt your new lifestyle change.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    The problem isn't fat; the dress is just too tight on you, sort of like how skinny girls can get muffin tops from too-tight pants. I would get a different dress, backless or otherwise. The reason is NOT that I think you couldn't lose the excess weight in time, but because there is a distinct possibility that, once the dress is the correct size, you may find that the dress is unflattering or uncomfortable on you. I speak from experience here.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Hey, you have 8 weeks. You can do a lot in 8 weeks... AND if you are still uncomfortable in 6 weeks, start looking for a new dress then.. Work on exercises such as the seated row (if you go to a gym), the chin up assist, lower back extensions, pull down exercises, etc. Anything that would work to tone down your back. Continue working on improving your lean to body fat ratio.. 8 weeks is 56 days.. A lot can happen in 2 months. Make it work for you!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    BACK-DRESS.png

Wow, you are smoking in that dress!! Do not worry about a thing, hold your head up high and
    show them how sexy you can be! Most of all.............enjoy!!
  • mrsejennings
    Options
    ***Thanks for getting that to post. - I appreciate that alot. I was going to give up =)....Yes that is ME. taken a few mins before the picture was posted. I have had it my closet for a while - The other night I had a dream I was on some sort off talent show, and Bill Clinton told me I had to much back fat to wear that dress.... so its been haunting me ever since. I hate the back on it. I love the front on it... I love the folding in the matterial.
  • vennui
    vennui Posts: 1
    Options
    you could get a short sheer top, then it would really look great.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    u can so do it!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    The problem isn't fat; the dress is just too tight on you, sort of like how skinny girls can get muffin tops from too-tight pants. I would get a different dress, backless or otherwise. The reason is NOT that I think you couldn't lose the excess weight in time, but because there is a distinct possibility that, once the dress is the correct size, you may find that the dress is unflattering or uncomfortable on you. I speak from experience here.
    This, The dress just doesn't look right. I think you should just go get one that you're comfortable with, backless or not. I don't like the DRESS at all. It doesn't have to do with your body

:flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine, I just don't like I'd like that style of dress on anyone.
  • octoberfalling
    Options
    You look good in that dress now, but with 8 weeks still to go, you can ROCK that dress to that reunion. Stay focused on your calorie counts and maybe kick up the work outs, but you can totally do it.
  • mrsejennings
    Options
    This, The dress just doesn't look right. I think you should just go get one that you're comfortable with, backless or not. I don't like the DRESS at all. It doesn't have to do with your body

:flowerforyou: Good luck!

***Thanks, I wasnt sure how to respond to this first comment.
  • ridinhard907
    ridinhard907 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    THAT IS ADORABLE :) I VOTE STAY WITH THE DRESS AND CONTINUE THE GREAT WORK- YOU ALREADY LOOK AMAZING GIRL JUST GOT TO FIND THAT CONFIDENCE YOU DESERVE!
  • mrsejennings
    Options
    Hey, you have 8 weeks. You can do a lot in 8 weeks... AND if you are still uncomfortable in 6 weeks, start looking for a new dress then.. Work on exercises such as the seated row (if you go to a gym), the chin up assist, lower back extensions, pull down exercises, etc. Anything that would work to tone down your back. Continue working on improving your lean to body fat ratio.. 8 weeks is 56 days.. A lot can happen in 2 months. Make it work for you!

I don't have a gym membership-any at home ideas?