How does the exercise work with weight loss exactly?

Options
Exercisers - lend me your eyes and minds ...

For the past almost 3 weeks, I've become more proactive about my weight loss by doing tummy exercises and running. I have (mostly) been eating all natural foods too, and have continued calorie counting.

Now you would think that I would be shedding centimeters like mental, but I don't seem to be losing any at the moment. I don't weigh at all, because it just makes me angry, but I do measure.

I know it's working because a usually very nasty women at work complimented me on how much smaller I look, and I have to admit when I look in the mirror, I don't see flab everywhere, like I used to.

My question is this - how the heck am I not losing centimeters, but am looking smaller? I can also see muscle tone coming though on my belly, as well as the shape and skin texture of my thighs starting to look quite nice.

Does one get tighter and then smaller, or does one not get smaller at all, just tighter i.e. will I ever get my size 10 waist back with exercise, as I have quite a muscular build naturally (under the flab!)?

Thanks guys x

Replies

• dawnkay1
    dawnkay1 Posts: 41
    Options
    *bump*
  • sweetiepeas
    Options
    With the exercises that you are doing, yu are building muscle. Muscle is a much tighter fiber than fat is. One pound of fat takes up more space than one pound of muscle. Also for your body to feed the muscle it burns more fat for fuel. So it is quite possible to be at the same weight but your body will shift. Meaning that the fat from your belly will start getting smaller as for example your calves get bigger. I hope I am making since. Lol.

Anyway keep it up the scale and centimeters will catch up :)
  • dawnkay1
    dawnkay1 Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks! I was trying to get my head around that, with feeling like I was going mad.

It's like I could physically see that I was getting smaller, yet every week the tape measure disagreed.