Injury!!! Help!!!

Options
nafroese
nafroese Posts: 122 Member
I was playing competitive ladies soccer tonight and took a really hard kick to the calf muscle! I bruised instantly and I know that there is heat there from the injury I want to help heal it as quickly as possible... Heat or Ice on a fresh injury?!

Replies

• Angie0rtiz
    Angie0rtiz Posts: 45
    Options
    ICE! *weird family remedy - mix butter and salt, rub it on the bruise helps to reduce the swelling of the injury, since your rubbing the bruise help lossen the blood accumulation.
    -Hope you feel better
  • michelechavez
    Options
    Definitely ice. Here's the formula for treating injury: RICE

R - Rest
    I - Ice
    C - Compression
    E - Elevation

So, lie down and elevate your leg, put some ice on the injury, and then when you are up and about put on a compression dressing.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Windex works better than butter.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Definitely ice. Here's the formula for treating injury: RICE

R - Rest
    I - Ice
    C - Compression
    E - Elevation

So, lie down and elevate your leg, put some ice on the injury, and then when you are up and about put on a compression dressing.
  • sweetiepeas
    Options
    I agree with the RICE. Icing it will make the blood vessels constrict and slow bleeding (bruising), also reduces swelling.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    yeah never heat on any bruising injury you are doing the opposite and can cause more swelling.
  • nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I iced alst night and am walking around no prob this morning! feels pretty good! Obviously bruised but yeah!