How did you know to raise calories from 1200?

Options
Mfp puts me at at 1200 to lose just 1 pound per week, but I think that is too low from reading the boards. How did you come up with your net calorie goal? I am trying to figure things out

thank you xoxo

Replies

• _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I raised it because I was starving!!! I use various calculators on the net... heres one of a few thousand

www.freedieting.com
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    are you set at sedentary?

very few people are actually sedentary. I would up it to lightly active.

Eating 1200 is almost never appropriate. For anyone.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    I am set to lightly active. I work 8 hours as a cashier from 1-9 most days. So i'm not too active D:

There are so many calculators! Thank you :D
    I am actually quite satisfied at 1200 since I eat a lot of chicken tenderloins and SO many delicious veggies and fruits :D But I don't want to be under eating if everyone says that 1200 is not good for most :O
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Find your BMR... For Women: 655.1 + (9.563 x kilograms) + (1.850 x centimeters) – (4.676 x age)

Add a multiplier for your activity...
    activity-multipliers.jpg

Knock about 20% off that and that's what to eat for a nice, steady loss.

Recalculate every 10% of body weight lost or so... because as you get smaller, your caloric needs do too.

Hope that helps.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My weight loss slowed, and I was freaking hungry all the freaking time.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    Find your BMR... For Women: 655.1 + (9.563 x kilograms) + (1.850 x centimeters) – (4.676 x age)

activity-multipliers.jpg

Recalculate every 10% of body weight lost or so... because as you get smaller, your caloric needs do too.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! Looks liek my BMR is about 1290 >.< So at least I wan't too far off xD Thanks! Increasing :D
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options

activity-multipliers.jpg

Hope that helps.

I just did mine and it came to 1503 (rounded up). So I take that and subtract 20%??? That would be barely over 1200... Sorry I'm confused!
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories last year and worked my butt off like crazy for 3 months and got no results. I figured out it was because I wasn't eating enough. I then upped my calories to 1550 and lost the whole 20 lbs I was set out to lose.