Lost my job today!

Options
Hey all,

This is not exactly weight loss related.
I'm kind of stunned & need to vent if you don't mind!

Lost my job today...... BAM! Laid off before any caffeine or breakfast even!
The word came from HQ to terminate certain positions in all branch offices.

Business has been down so everyone has been worried.
It's still a shocking surprise though when it happens.

I don't plan on any binge eating though..... :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:

*****Cat is purring in my lap, finally eating breakfast & having a cocktail! :drinker:
So everything is KQQL! Thanks for listening............. :love: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Wow Barb, so sorry to hear that. Hoping things get better for you.

Great job on planning to keep the fitness going. Think of all the time you'll have now to exercise and meditate and write and think. Little silver lining, even if we do hate the clouds.

Hugs lady. It'll all be ok in the end - so if it's not ok,,, then it's not the end. :smile:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that!

I read in readers digest once that getting fired(or laid off) is natures way of telling you that you had the wrong job in the first place.

Perhaps something new and exciting will come of it...something that you've always wanted to do but maybe never did???

My best to you!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of the bad news, but good for you! Just think of it as a sobaticle (spelling?) It's very hard out there. Just keep your head up and good luck in any future job hunts!
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about the lay off. It is always so scary because I never know when it is going to happen to me. I just wish you the best of luck and maybe this is a way to say that it is time to move on and find something different that have you been wanting to do.....

:heart: :heart:
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Everything happens for a reason, look at this as an opportunity to find something better out there! In the past year my company has gotten rid of over 200 positions and all the people that I know that were affected have turned it into something positive and are MUCH happier now!

Keep your chin up and stay strong!!:wink:
  • Makai
    Makai Posts: 43
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your job loss. Try and keep your chin up because things always have a way of working out. After the initial phases of relaxing and contemplating your next move, try and keep busy either looking for jobs and/or exercising-that's working for me (i'm almost in the same boat you are so I know it's hard).
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    That had to be a shock! I'm assuming you can get unemployment so you do have some time to get your resume together and begin searching for the right job for you.

Before you do anything else - however - call your now former bosses and get them to write you a letter of recommendations - do it right away so that they will be certain to give you a good write up. They should include that you were laid off because of cut backs.

You know the times in my life when things looked darkest were the times when my life took a turn for the unexpected, and every time things turned out for the best. It's an adventure, that's for sure, but I have a feeling that you're going to wind up with something a lot better than what you had.

I'm praying with you! Best wishes!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    That's terrible.

Hang in there and always feel free to vent here. It's a good place to get things off your chest and to get support.

Good luck with what you do next.

JAM
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your support!!!
    (tears in my eyes)........... :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:

It's definitely a mixed blessing .......... the job was a paycheck I needed.
    But that's all..... nothing interesting, creative, or educational going on.

As the shock fades, I'll be grateful for the opportunity of TIME!!!!
    I always feel so rushed and in a hurry. Never time to contemplate my life and what I really want.
    So NOW is MY TIME......... wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Hey, I can go to the gym during the day! WOO!

I appreciate ALL OF YOU! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:
    What a supportive community this is! :flowerforyou:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    love your positivity!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Wow Barb, so sorry to hear that. Hoping things get better for you.

Great job on planning to keep the fitness going. Think of all the time you'll have now to exercise and meditate and write and think. Little silver lining, even if we do hate the clouds.

Hugs lady. It'll all be ok in the end - so if it's not ok,,, then it's not the end. :smile:

well said. I would say exactly the same!
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this Barb!! I hope something good comes your way, good luck!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    so are u enjoying ur "me-time"?