Protein powder possibilities?

Options
mrsajpj
mrsajpj Posts: 6
Hey all! I am wanting to begin incorporating vanilla protein powder into my diet. Anyone have any fun recipes to help me out? Thanks!

Replies

• osucristinamo
    Options
    I use sunwarrior vanilla warrior blend and LOVE it in plain oatmeal with cinnamon and bananas or in a protein pancake!
  • barians
    barians Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a shake for breakfast every day.Packed with vitamins and protein.

Recipe is as follows.

1 handful of spinach
    1/2 handful of baby carrots
    2 spears of broccoli
    2 Tbsp Chiboni 0% fat plain yogurt
    1/8 cup Pom wonderful pomegranate juice
    1 medium banana
    1 cup frozen wild blueberries
    1 scoop Cytosport Vanilla Whey protein

Blender

to make it a smoothie add 1 cup of ice
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I stir it into my Greek yogurt.
  • gardengir48
    Options
    that sounds great whats the calories etc in that?
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    this girl has tons of awesome recipes
    http://muffintop-less.tumblr.com/MTLCRECIPES
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I used to mix it with diet cola. But you have to add it to the glass already full. It will bubble up so be carefull.
    If you add the powder first, it won't dissolve, it just gunks up.
  • barians
    barians Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    its 380 calories, 61 carbs, 2 fat, 37 protein

48% daily fiber
    420% Vitamin A
    148% Vitamin C
    41% Calcium
    33% Iron
    bunch of other good stuff
  • HYBRIDXXX
    HYBRIDXXX Posts: 86
    Options
    MIX 2 SCOOPS OF UNFLAVORED PROTEIN POWDER WITH 1 LB OF GROUND TURKEY & MAKE TURKEY PATTIES OUT OF IT. ADDS A GOOD 12.5 GRAMS MORE PROTEIN TO EACH TURKEY PATTY WHICH ALREADY HAS 22 GRAMS OF PROTEIN N EACH ONE. A VERY GOOD WAY TO BOOST UP UR PROTEIN COUNT
  • MysteriousWays
    MysteriousWays Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Right now I just take a scoop of Designer Whey Vanilla and shake it up with Zico Chocolate Coconut Water and ice. It's quick and great before or after a workout.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am wanting to begin incorporating vanilla protein powder into my diet. Anyone have any fun recipes to help me out? Thanks!

Send me a friend request if you want, I love to come up with new fun recipes and right now I am focusing on making a different yummy protein shake everday. Today I made one that tasted like pumpkin pie and yesterday's was mint chocolate oreo! I also have a recipe (not created by me) for shake that tastes exactly like cake batter, YUM!!!!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I'm gonna try this tomorrow morning =)

Whey Protein Vanilla
    3 large strawberries
    1/2 banana
    5 ice cubes
    1 cup cold water

=) I'm not getting enough protein and I was wanting an alternative to making and eating breakfast.. Hopefully it will be good!
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Are any of you protein powder peeps concerned about the negative press some of these formulas have gotten? (There are several threads here...) I read them the day after I bought a container of Muscle Milk.

I do not use it everyday, just in case there are valid concerns.

Are there any protein powders that are more natural? Apparently, the issues are with heavy metals in the mixes...
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've been using Muscle Milk by Gueine. its a good base to add to things (recepies), it blends really well- no grit. And great for me, no milk!
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    I'm not sure what all the difference is, but my fitness trainer says muscle milk isn't as good of a choice as protein whey like MioFusion. She says there are things in muscle milk that arent so good for you and doesnt reccomend it, but does suggest MioFusion to get your protein in. I'd just look at the back of both containers and compare ingredients.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I use it in my oatmeal with blueberries or strawberries or whatever fruit you like.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I use Designer Whey's line of protein powder...

The vanilla product AND chocolate product are absolutely DELISH!

With the Vanilla, Ive done:
    Spiced Pumpkin
    Wildberry (freezing fresh blue/straw/black/rasp berries)
    Strawberry-Spinach (this is REALLY good!)
    Peanut Butter/Strawberry
    Blueberry Cheesecake (I use neufchatel)
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    www.dashingdish.com has some pretty good recipes that use protein. I usually double what the recipe calls for! My favorite is the strawberry protein pancakes :)
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about Protein shake ingredients then I suggest NitroTech by MuscleTech. It is tri filtrated and only the essentials added back in. It is also very gentle on the gut and good for people with slight lactose intolerance. The strawberry one tastes like angel delight to me and even tastes good with water. Only issue may be the price but I genuinelly believe, "buy cheap buy twice" and the NitroTech lasts ages.
  • osucristinamo
    Options
    Are any of you protein powder peeps concerned about the negative press some of these formulas have gotten? (There are several threads here...) I read them the day after I bought a container of Muscle Milk.

I do not use it everyday, just in case there are valid concerns.

Are there any protein powders that are more natural? Apparently, the issues are with heavy metals in the mixes...

Go with a raw, vegan protein. Whole Foods will let you sample usually. And they have single serve packets. I really enjoy Sunwarrior Warrior Blend, Garden of Life raw is kind of chalky.