Back where I once was

Options
madmama
madmama Posts: 123 Member
Sunday, I stepped on the scale as usual, I felt a smile cross my face as it read 141 lbs. The last time I was at this weight was 3 1/2 years ago before I started my desk job. :bigsmile: This also means that I only have 6 more pounds to say goodbye to.

I will say that zig zagging my calories has helped, I started doing that about 3 weeks ago and since then the pounds have started vanishing at a pound per week rate before this it was a pound every 2 to 3 weeks.

Just sharing this milestone to let others know that with good lifestyle choices the weight will vanish. Good luck to everyone.

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    You have done so well. Congratulations! How long did it take you to get to this point?
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Sunday, I stepped on the scale as usual, I felt a smile cross my face as it read 141 lbs. The last time I was at this weight was 3 1/2 years ago before I started my desk job. :bigsmile: This also means that I only have 6 more pounds to say goodbye to.

I will say that zig zagging my calories has helped, I started doing that about 3 weeks ago and since then the pounds have started vanishing at a pound per week rate before this it was a pound every 2 to 3 weeks.

Just sharing this milestone to let others know that with good lifestyle choices the weight will vanish. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats!!!! Zig-zag, huh? I'm doing that for my exercise regimen. Just started to train myself to jog/run (7 Oct 09) as I do that M/W/F and actually THOUGHT of skipping the weights tomorrow and doing another 2 miles during my lunch hour. We'll see how it goes when I weigh myself on the 15th of Nov 09.

Blessings!

Eva
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Can you explain what zip zagging your calories mean?

CONGRATS!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    How do you zig zag?
  • jonathanmcurry
    Options
    zig zagging your calories is pretty easy. say according to mfp you should eat 1500 cals a day. say right now you eat exactly that 1500 cals, what you do is eat 1400 one day, 1300 the next, 1500 the following, and so on. it's just to keep your body on edge as far as the calorie intake, that in theory will keep you burning more calories on your lower days b/c your body thinks that's what it's needing to burn.
  • estelle74
    Options
    great idea i shall try that
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Interesting, never heard of it, we shall see how it works for me :happy:
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You have done so well. Congratulations! How long did it take you to get to this point?

I started my journey 6 years ago with a starting weight of 200 pounds after 1 1/2 years I was down to 141 pounds, I stayed there haapily for most of the next year and a half. Then I changed jobs to a desk job and started taking night classes, this cut into my exercise time and affected my eating habits. I also started putting on weight slowly until this April reaching a high of 160. I finished with school at that time and decided to get back on track. I set my new goal at 135 and hope to see it shortly.
  • tinkered
    Options
    My desk job has gotten to me too! Thanks for the zig zag idea.....i might see if that helps:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!