Brown Sugar Kisses ** 11 Calories! **

Options
veronicacannon
veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
I found this little cook book today called "Cook Yourself Thin Faster". Apparently its the sequel to another popular cookbook but never heard of it. I found a dessert recipe called Brown Sugar Kisses and they are a great sweet fix!! Plus, you've probably got everything you need for them considering there are only 4 ingredients!

Brown Sugar Kisses

Makes 30 "Kisses"

You'll Need:

3 Egg whites
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees.

2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

3. With electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the sugar slowly while beating, a few spoonfuls at a time, until the meringue is stiff and shiny, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add vanilla and beat to combine.

4. Using a spoon, drop the meringue onto the prepared baking sheet in the shape of kisses. Or cut the corner off a plastic bag, fill with meringue, and squeeze out the kisses. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

5. Turn oven off and keep door ajar. Let cool 1 hour in oven. Store in a tin or wrap loosely in foil. Do not store in plastic wrap or glass or the cookies will become soggy.

Per Cookie:
Calories - 11
Fat - Less than 1g
Sodium - 10mg
Sugars - 2g

So I skipped the last step, just couldn't wait any longer to try them, and I don't think it mattered. But they are a real sweet tasty treat! Definitely thought I should share!

Replies