UGH - hate the scale and NSV in the same morning...

Options
Kind of a mood-swing post this morning, but hopefully someone (and me, later today when i'm not feeling the need for stimulants) will find it funny...

Friday morning - my weigh in... and I'm up one pound.

First thought - OK, those are the chocolate chip cookies biting me (literally) in the behind. Guess "eat your exercise calories" shouldn't be "oh, goodie - i get 4 cookies tonight". OK - lesson learned.

grumble, grumble, grumble down to the living room to do Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 DVD (week 3, again - because I will figure out those stupid side-bend 1 arm pushup thingies if it kills me). She is still the devil.

grumble, grumble, grumble back upstairs to get showered and dressed before the attack of the flying monkeys (my 2 year old & 5 year old who can't hear me when i call them in from the backyard for dinner, but can hear the water start 3 rooms away).

I get dressed and my darling, wonderful husband says "hey - your jeans are looking pretty baggy - maybe we should go shopping this weekend and see if a size 8 would be better". And he's right! Now i'm really confused...

So - I'm going to just keep my chin up - remember that 1 pound is not a tragedy - and hope that the rest of the day ends up being a little more predictable. Happy Friday, everyone. :laugh:

Replies

• steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    you could've gained water weight or MUSCLE!!! :) but inches lost is definitely a good NSV!! Have fun shopping!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Obviously you are toning up! AND your husband is a dear for saying such a thing!
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    sounds like you're adding muscle now!! good job!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of this post is the "grumble, grumble, grumble"
  • lenya_maria4516
    lenya_maria4516 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awww 1lb is nothing to worry about! It's probably just water. If your man noticed a difference then you're on to a winner!

Good luck with your journey :) x

Edit: Not only did he notice, he wants to take you shopping - what an angel!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    aww, I would swing up to 5 pounds day to day. It became a joke because I would be so happy on the days i... err... left a lot behind in the ladies room. those are the days I would log. classy, right?
    Sounds like you are doing awesome. :) keep it up!
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It is more important how you feel than what the scale says! Congrats on the looser clothes! What a great and positive sign that things are going great for you!
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds overnight, then I remembered the weight training I did yesterday, my muscles are hugely sore... chalk it up to water retention. I'm going to stop weighing for a while, the scale is not an indication of how you look and feel, just a number.
    My measurements didn't change either, but I now fit into a size 6... clothes are my new indication ;).

Keep doin it!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Something similar happened to me yesterday.

Thanks for making me laugh! Just the way you told the story was awesome! :laugh:
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yep! Focus on the positive! The way your clothes fit and how you feel. and in this case, how hubby sees you, mean so much more than a number on the scale!!!
    Props to you for grumbling through your morning as well :wink:
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of this post is the "grumble, grumble, grumble"

Same here, I can totally identify. Well done on your NSV :) (stuff the one pound gain ;) )
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It happens! It prob really wasn't even the cookies...just water weight. It doesn't stay long in my experience!
    Glad for the NSV. Loved your comment about the flying monkeys...my 3 & 6 year old are the EXACT same way!!! hahaha
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    when I did JM 30DS, I gained a lot because I have water retention problems and when I do exercices that are intense, I keeep water more than usual, 2 weeks after the weight was down. Look at your inches lose while training with JM!
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options

I get dressed and my darling, wonderful husband says "hey - your jeans are looking pretty baggy - maybe we should go shopping this weekend and see if a size 8 would be better".

Sounds like a good man! ;o)
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

***Forget the Scale*** That NSV (which is what life is really al about) blew my socks off!!
    You Rock! (and so does he for noticing - and saying it out loud - )
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    thanks, all of you - it is tough to forget the scale, but i'm trying... :grumble: darned lifetime of using that number as a defining factor, anyway... it's everyone who i read on this wonderful website who are helping to replace the evil voices in my head...

i do have a completely wonderful husband (as of this morning - but probably not this afternoon when i get home to a sink full of dishes and dirty laundry on the floor NEXT TO the hamper)... and i know i'm incredibly lucky that he is verbal about his compliments...

i'm so glad that i'm getting new friends out of this, too... i hope that i can be as supportive & encouraging as you have been...
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Thats why :) you weighed after a workout day. I gain most likely 3-5 lbs after a workout!!!! Due in large part to the amount of water I consume during it, and the fact that when your muscles are swollen with said water, it holds it for a day or two. (at least it usually does for me.) so you being the same might be a loss on a different day!
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    aww, I would swing up to 5 pounds day to day. It became a joke because I would be so happy on the days i... err... left a lot behind in the ladies room. those are the days I would log. classy, right?
    Sounds like you are doing awesome. :) keep it up!

Hey, you don't want to weigh you're uh...extra. That's not YOUR weight :) That's baggage. Best to weight anyway first thing in the morning after you've...dealt with stuff.

I fluctuate a lot in a day to day kind of thing.