It's the little things that count

Options
A while back I was happy with who I was, I was a fatty and I was ok with it...but I really wasn't, it hurt, the fat jokes got to me, but I laughed and played along. And then there were the trousers, for about 10 years I had a waist size 42, then one day I went to get a pair of trousers, and I had to get 44s, as I oculd no longer squeeze my *kitten* into 42s :(
And for a while again I left it, I dealt with it, because I was lazy and that was my life at the time. Then one day my wife came to me and said that the gym had posted a flyer through the door and would I like to go and have a look around. Hell yes I would!

So that is how it all started, I put up with peoples crap and snide remarks for long enough, and now I'm going to show them!
As part of my inspiration I went out and bought a pair of size 40 jeans, giving myself something to look forward to (and these aren't your regular size 40s these are Marks and Sparks jeans, I find M&S are usually a smaller cut), my own little goal.

Starting at 128kg (282 lbs) I've walked my *kitten* off on the treadmill to the point wher eI was walking to fast and it hurt my knees, my body was telling me to run...but I was scared...then I though fck it, so I ran.
And you know what, I was pretty ok at it, so I was doing my 2 minutes wlaking 3 minutes running routine for a while.

And then last night...last night I figured what the hell, let's see how long I can go for without the break...and that magical number ladies and gentlemen is 17 minutes!
Before I started excercising I couldn't even drive 17 minutes without being out of breath, and there I was, sweating like a sweaty thing on a hot day, but I did it!!!!
So back to the point of this post really (sorry I've been rambling), the jeans, this morning I got them out of the cupboard, and hot damn they fit!
In the past 13 years I've never weighed as little or had a waist size as small as I do now.
So this weekend I'll be wearing my fine *kitten* jeans down to M&S where I will be purchasing a pair of size 36 jeans, and I'll be back here in a couple of months with some hopefully more good news.

I'll post some pics up tonight or this weekend, if I can convince the wife to take some pictures of me :D

Replies

• shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats! Running is addicting for sure. I remember the first time I said "Eff it, let me see how long I can jog before I die" and the result surprised me! :happy: I also have a pair of pants that are about 2 sizes smaller than what I wear right now. They are from 2001 and I'm really hoping I can fit in them by the end of this summer.

Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • grannykarla
    grannykarla Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • deedlit90
    deedlit90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's amazing when you can fit into smaller clothes! I am just about to start running which I have never done before, but I am getting bored of doing workout DVD's at home, and now the weather is nicer I figured I'd go running and see what happens! I also have a small pair of jeans that I used to fit into a few years ago so I am hoping I can get back into them!!

I hope you fit into your new smaller pair soon! By the sounds of things it wont take you long at all! :-)
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    Awesome job! Cheers to you!
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work......:flowerforyou:
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Amazing...keep up the great work! You didn't mention how long you've been at it, but it sounds like you're definitely on the right track! :o)
  • abcmom03
    abcmom03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Woot! Woot! Great job!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Great story. I'm so happy for you! Congrats and keep up the great work.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    This is a very inspiring story!! Great job sticking with the treadmill and for running for 17 minutes! That's crazy! :) Keep up the good work!
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    Amazing...keep up the great work! You didn't mention how long you've been at it, but it sounds like you're definitely on the right track! :o)
    Woops, sorry, 4 months :D
  • yo_sushi
    Options
    I'll take a new picture tonight after gym but this was about 2 weeks ago compared to this time last year.

stage1.jpg

Bugger how do I get the pic to fit the window?
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    good for you. I love little victories.
  • yo_sushi
    Options
    Taken 5 minutes ago
    20120601_190940.jpg
  • durrryea
    durrryea Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats! Also, it's so cute that your kid is in the pic :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!