DO you think I could model?

xoalyssaox
xoalyssaox Posts: 318 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
OK this is a silly silly question, but I really need some motivation and I want the God's honest truth. I've always had a secret dream to model. I gained 30 pounds when I had my son 2 years ago and I want to know, if I lose the weight, do you all think I am pretty enough to be a model? I am being serious. Be brutally honest...

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

How do I get these to show up?

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    God's honest truth? Judging by your face alone, I think you could. You have gorgeous blue eyes and freckles. I can see you with a shorter, slightly funky, deep brown hairstyle. You would also look great with baby blonde hair and bangs. :smile:
  • your beautiful, and i bet you could model. :smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Killer eyes. Exactly as you are. you'd make an awesome model. You have a very fresh look that a lot of models are missing now a days (IMO). If it's a dream, go for it!
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 318 Member
    IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

thank you how did u do that?
  • Yes, indeed.

Watch Tyra Banks' "America's next top model." The show is brutally honest..and sometimes, what is obviously beautiful does not translate to the camera. The show gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the modeling world.

Unfortunately, and I mean that will all my heart, the fashion industry is freakish when it comes to thinness. I was appalled with Ralph Lauren firing a 5'10 model who weighed 120 lbs. The sample clothing that the designers send are sizes 0, 2, and 4. It is criminal.

I grew up with supermodels like Cindy Crawford and Christie Brinkley. These women were/are thin, but so shapely. I have no idea what the industry is trying to promote. One model stated she got most of her jobs when she was going through chemotherapy! Once she recovered, she was fired for being "too heavy." Insane.

You are very pretty..and certainly, go for it! You can do it!

Good luck to you....!!!!
This discussion has been closed.