Detox/ Cleanse

Options
Does anyone know of a great detox/cleanse formula besides pills or the lemonde diet?

Replies

• Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Isagenix
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I made my own juice. Mostly vegetables with fruit for flavor. Nothing but that and water for two days. I loved it, but I'm still doing research on the actual safety of it
  • AshlySouthard
    Options
    Did you lose weight from the 2 day detox? What was the recipe you used?
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Jake...is that the name of something? And yes what was the jucie?
  • hedkie
    hedkie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The Wild Rose cleanse is great & you can buy it from most health food stores.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life Perfect Cleanse
  • AlannaPie
    Options
    I lost some weight, but it's hard to lose a lot from just two days. My friend did a longer detox where she ate all raw food for a week, juice detoxed for another week, then back to raw food. She lost about 20 pounds.

I juiced spinach, cucumbers, celery, zucchini, banana, apples. Honestly I tossed in anything that I liked! Be careful with the spinach - apparently it's a strong laxative which may not be a bad thing in a detox, but I loaded my juice with it lol. If you google juice detox there are some that tell you different recipes, or even some which tell you to drink a different juice every day. I wanted to enjoy myself too.

Also I have a good with juice recipes for different "ailments." So if you want a recipe just ask
  • kimberjones
    Options
    Jake...is that the name of something? And yes what was the jucie?

Isagenix is a product line. You should be able to find out information about them on the net. I have tried their protein shakes and they're quite good.

:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I've been using Isagenix
    two shakes a day and a weekly cleanse day since May. That, coupled with healthy eating and MFP since January have helped me lose 60 pounds and increase my energy level a lot.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    enzymatic whole body cleanse
  • clk238
    clk238 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I tried (failed horribly) to do the lemonade diet. something about the cayenne pill on only lemonade and water casued a massive/violent/horrible reaction and I spent the last half of day 1 of the cleanse yaking in the bathoom ("spicy" vomit?!!? Ahhhhh so awful) anyways sorry for the TMI, just wanted to warn you off of the lemonade diet. what a nasty result.

Anyways, one "cleansing" thing I've found is the cabbage soup diet. I don't follow the diet exactly at all, but all the fiber in the veggies in the soup causes a pretty good "cleanse" and it is Very low cal so you will drop weight too..

way healthier than mixing lemon joice with maple syrup and cayenne pepper then puking all day hahaha
  • AlannaPie
    Options
    Spicy vomit LMAO!!!!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    GNC stores have detox/cleansing products both pill and liquid forms. The thing to remember is that a detox should only be done for 10 to 14 days. Its not a diet. The reason people lose weight with them is because the body stores some fat to protect the vital organs in the body from harmful toxins. Doing a detox cleans out the harmful toxins in the body and helps strengthen it. The less toxins in the body the less fat is needed to protect it. Usually a person should only have to do a detox twice a year.
  • clk238
    clk238 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Spicy vomit LMAO!!!!

Yeah. one of the worst things that's ever happend to me (physically) haha i cannot describe how horrible. the instant it happend, I resolved to tell anyone who was thinking of doing this cleanse how utterly terrible this side effect was.

I am not completely opposed to cleanse in general, but the reaction of that pepper pill on an empty/lemonadey stomach was SUCH a nightmare, ugh. i shudder at the memory