Need help !!! Pretty desperate :(

Options
Hey guys, looking for some advice here. I'm having major binge eating problems and feel like it's taking over my life :/ I've also just got a new boyfriend and I'm too scared I'm going to lose him coz i binge eat when he is not around and some times cancel our dates together coz I would be stuffing my face with food. And also can't stop binge eating at work, and my work makes it hard for me to control my bad habit coz I'm surrounded by food coz I work in the kitchen. It feels so embrassing to constantly eat at work especially in front of the boss. Like food is an addiction for me for nearly 1 and half year now. Tried heaps of things like drinking heaps of water etc. But feel like I always fail. Just would love to be normal and eat healthily.

Can anyone offer any advice ???

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your honestly about your problem. It takes a lot of courage to admit that something is wrong, but you've taken that first step.

You will likely get a lot of advice on the internet, but please listen to this:
    Talk to a professional about it. You need long term help solving this problem so you can be healthy and happy for the rest of your life. No advice from the internet, friends, or family is going to fix this problem for you. Please talk to your doctor and as for a referral to a doctor who specializes in treating eating disorders.

Good luck!
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I second @LoraF83's advice. Also, looking at your food diary, you are consistantly way under your calorie goal for the day, which is probably why you've been bingeing- your body is not getting enough calories. Please talk to your doctor, since he/she will be able to help you more than we can. Good luck!
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I second @LoraF83's advice. Also, looking at your food diary, you are consistantly way under your calorie goal for the day, which is probably why you've been bingeing- your body is not getting enough calories. Please talk to your doctor, since he/she will be able to help you more than we can. Good luck!

I agree...I think you starve your body so you look good. You DO look great by the way and then eventually your body MUST eat and you binge...Professional treatment by a doc would be best, but if that is not an option, check out www.fat2fitradio.com and see what a healthy calorie amount is for you to eat and try it for 2-3 weeks to see if this helps keep you from binging. Best of luck to you!
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Therapist is what will help. Once a week for a while so that you can get your food intake back on track.
  • katgirl985
    katgirl985 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    *Bump* what everyone else said so far. Binge eating is no different than other eating disorders -- hopefully you will seek help from a professional! Admitting you have a problem is a big part of the battle, you're on the right track!
  • Lemornhamilton
    Options
    Aww thanks so much guys! Yea im going to try professional help :)
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    www.therecoverygroup.org is a 12 step website for people with eating disorders. You won't be able to get it under control until you get to the root of the problem, and that will require some hard work and a good amount of HONEST self-examination. Best of luck to you, and you will be in my prayers.

Summary of the first three steps:
    I can't.
    He can.
    I think I'll let Him.