365 days of logging in - 75 lbs down, with pics

Options
watergirl626
watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
Happy one year anniversary to me. A year ago, I made the decision to make a change. I had friends starting their journeys at the same time, and we were there for each other (and still are). Without them, I don't think I would have taken that first step of starting, which I think was the hardest of all.

How did I do it? I get asked that a lot. A while back I posted a blog about how I lost my weight. My biggest piece of advice: listen to your body. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/watergirl626/view/how-did-you-do-it-199736#comments
Now, if you decide to pop into my diary to see what/how I eat, please look before Sat. This week has been atypical for various reasons, both in food and exercise. Just fair warning.

Now, to the fun part:

I am 32 years old, height is 5' 6.5". I started out at 224 lbs, ready to bust out of a size 18 in pants that run big, so realistically, I was probably a 20 in other styles, but I was sick of buying clothes the next size up. A year later, I am 148.5 lbs, and very comfortable in a size 8.

My measurements are 36-27-37. I am at 25.9% body fat. I lift 2x/week and run 2-3 times. Over the course of a year, I have lost 10" off of my abdomen, and 13 inches off of my hips. My hips are now smaller than my waist was. Crazy to think about it that way.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Replies

• Lv2compute
    Lv2compute Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!
  • Tators
    Tators Posts: 75
    Options
    Freakin Awesome girl!!!!! Wow!!! Great job. Any tips you can suggest??
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK FREAKIN' FANTASTIC! GOOD JOB, GIRL! 150 IS MY GOAL, TOO!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I AM SPEECHLESS!!! GREAT JOB LADY!!!!
  • cnmince
    cnmince Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! You look wonderful!!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    OMG - love these pictures. 27 inch waist???? Teeny-tiny. You look so great, so strong, so pretty, so happy! You are absolutely one of my most inspirational MFP friends!!!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Thats great, thanks for sharing
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    OMG Gina!!! AWESOME transformation! You look Amazing!!!! I am so proud of you.

Thanks for taking that leap with me and of course for introducing me (and my hubby) to MFP - it has truly changed our lives : )

Teresa
  • orr_stacie
    orr_stacie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is so awesome. Thank you for being my motivation today!! I was starting to get down about the weight and you gave me hope that it can be done. Thank you. You look great :smile:
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Awesome, such great motivation!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap! Not only do you look great and I'm sure you're more healthy..you are totally ripped! You're my hero:)
  • VeggieMamaChristi
    VeggieMamaChristi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and your body is the type I want when (UGh if) I am able to lose weight. I want to be strong and happy and you look to be both!

Congratulations!!!
  • amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    WOW AMAZING!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is awesome inspiration for me. Thank you so much for posting these and congrats to you! You look amazing!! :)
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Great job. Thats a lot of lbs! You look sooo fresh and happy!
  • sheriw1223
    sheriw1223 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You are an .
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    AWESOME! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!! GREAT Job! Very inspirational!! You look Great and HAPPY!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!