Bad Day

Options
There is nothing worse than being completely motivated by your workout just to have an injury stick it's ugly head out and hurt your progress. Today I separated my shoulder at work. Hopefully I will be able to continue running...if not, I will try to find some alternative until I can. Last time I was 54 days into P90X when I was bit by a dog on my forearm. I can't win.....but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude. Anyone have any words of motivation or encouragement to help me along?

Replies

• kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    Sorry for you :cry:
    Sounds like you've had some bad luck with injuries. But remember you made it back from the dog bite and you'll make it back from this. do your Dr's give you any time frame to avoid exercise? just keep your mind open and focused, and I'm sure you'll be ready to attack the world as soon as the Dr.'s say "go ahead"
    Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.:smile:
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. This week and a half my neck has been in agony so I haven't been able to work out either
  • zero7one
    Options
    The "doctor" told me that I can't work for at least 2 days and that I have to get a MRI before I can be cleared to return to work. This is the 3rd time that I have separated this shoulder...all work related.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I totally sympathize with your frustration. Yesterday my run was rudely interrupted and I'll be seeing the physio this week due to IT Band Syndrome :frown:

It's really hard when you love your workouts to have to put it on hold for some annoying injury. But we'll BOTH get through this and back to running :wink:
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Sorry about your injury. Be careful not to eat to solve your problems---it's a prime situation for comfort eating. Hope you heal fast:smile::flowerforyou:
  • zero7one
    Options
    Got the go ahead from the doctor today. I'll do some cross training today and get back into running tomorrow.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Congrats :wink:

I go to the physio tomorrow... I know I'll still have to hold off on running for a while but I'm hoping she'll at least tell me I can cycle!
  • zero7one
    Options
    My shoulder is having a better day and I am back into the swing of things. Not having any issues with running. I'm glad that I wasn't out too long.