June 1st - Are you where you thought you would be?

Options
jasharp021
jasharp021 Posts: 54 Member
Hey everyone!

As you know.. today is the first of june.. almost half way through the year (I know.. not really until we are towards the end of the month are we reaaally half way) but none the less... are you where you thought you would be?

I'm not just talking about weight/fitness goals.. I'm also talking about the things that you said you would do for your new years resolutions... be happier, volunteer more, etc, etc, etc

Replies

• guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    Sad to say all my resolutions were broken on jan 2. :C

oh well. theres always a next year... or is there? *joke*
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I think my only resolution was to lose weight, and I'd say I'm there.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I would have never thought I would be here by June. I have surpassed my own expectations.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I would have never thought I would be here by June. I have surpassed my own expectations.

This made me smile.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Yeppers - an quite pleased.
  • hutchy90
    hutchy90 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not quite! :noway: But there is no one to blame but myself! I've still got time, and I'm going to have to push harder!

Feel free to add me and support!
  • ImCaptainJackSparrow
    Options
    Yup and surpassed my own goal, hoped to lose 20lbs currently at 27 and hoping to go to 35 before summers out
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere close to where I thought I would be. In fact, I've gone miles in the wrong direction. I quit logging my calories on here, quit exercising, quit doing anything that would lead to a healthier life. But it's June1. I have some big events in my life over the next several months and I'm going to use each as a motivational milestones to get myself back to a healthy weight.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    My goal was to be 130 lbs by today. I hit a stupid plateau almost a month ago. Ive been trying so hard to shake it. The scale moved a little bit this morning. Its been so hard getting these last 12 lbs off.
  • Frannie1982
    Options
    I'm in a much better place than I thought I would be.

Weight loss wise I've surpassed my goals every single month.
    I've started going after the career goals I've wanted to for a long time.
    I'm spending a lot more time with my family - being a better wife and mother than I was.

So yes, I'm definitely MUCH happier and in a MUCH better place today than when the year started.
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've exceeded my own expectations and then some :laugh:
    I'm soooo close to finally breaking that 150lbs but I'm not depending much on the scale any more.
    I'm using my measuring tape and how my clothes fit on me instead. Getting into size 6 tops and bottoms is amazing depending on the clothing brand! That's a huge accomplishment knowing last year I was wearing a size 14 & 16s!

I was never a runner but I've completed my first ever NYC half marathon in March, followed by 2 more 4 miles run in April, and looking forward to my first Women's mini 10K this month.

I was never a swimmer either but after 8 weeks of learning to swim, I managed to do 17.5 laps in under 50 minutes a combo of freestyle and backstroke. Knowing I can do at least 1/4 mile swim, I've accepted my girlfriend from high school challenge and signed up for the Danskin's Women's Triathlon this September :noway:

I'm learning every step of the way and enjoying it :drinker:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Life's pretty good right now!

In January, my husband had to have heart surgery, which was more complicated than expected, so most of Jan and Feb was spent dashing from home to work to hospital trying to keep everything running.

He's now well recovered, won his fight with the insurance company, which paid out, allowing him to buy a convertible Mazda MX5, so he's emjoing driving round in that in the sunshine. Plus we're off for a belated honeymoon next week on our first ever cruise. I've even bought a bikini - haven't worn one of those in quite a few years!

My son had his passing out parade last month, and graduates from University later this year, while my daughter is in her last year of school, and is heading to a dance college in London come September. OK, OK that's my proud Mom bit done, but srsly, I NEVER would have thought my boy would even GET to Uni, let alone graduate.

My weight loss has kinda stalled, but I'm OK with it, I know the last few pounds are stubborn. But I'm enjoying my new levels of fitness - completed a 10k run and a relay leg of the Belfast Marathon last month!

Work is a pita, but then, isn't it always?
  • nicoleandlosing
    nicoleandlosing Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am not exactly where I would like to be in my weight loss journey, but I am proud of what I have accomplished and a lot healthier than I was January 1st! I still have a long way to go and I am not going to give up!
  • cherylastone1
    cherylastone1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had a short-term goal of 25 lbs by June 1st, and I did it! On to the next 25!
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Thought I would have reached my goal weight by now but not quite there yet...last pounds are really hard to shed but I'm sticking with it....I will get there sooner or later!