Breakfast protein ideas

Options
Hi. I'm having trouble inventing good breakfasts without dairy and cereal. What to do for protein? I can't/don't want to eat eggs every day convenient as they may be.. I eat fresh fruit as my first thing to go to in the morning and love it but always have a hard time adding in some kind of protein. I don't like to drink breakfast. I prefer to chew! ; ) Any ideas out there? Have been eating whole grain bread with nut butters or a couple tablsp of sunflower or pumpkin seeds....i need some variety here. Also has anyone ever tried making brown rice pudding with rice milk? Recipes? Thanks beforehand!

Replies

• ben_running
    Options
    I like to take a cottage cheese and add a small amount of Jello powder for flavor.
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hummus spread (homemade) on whole meal toasted bead or pita with grilled tomato slice on top and cracked pepper.

Smoked salmon with capers, squeeze of lemon, red onion and tomato. Ricotta cheese on side.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein shake with breakfast.
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options

This.
    I mix my protein powder in with skimmed milk, greek yogurt, and a banana, blend it together.
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    PB2 powder and very thin bread. I had this this morning and also added a strawberry greek yogurt.
  • eesmetana
    eesmetana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Have you considered a tofu scramble with spinach? Here's a simple recipe, you can always sub some Daiya shreds for the nutritional yeast if you want.

http://www.veganoutreach.org/guide/breakfast.html#tofu_breakfast_scramble
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Why limit yourself to breakfast foods just because of the time of day? Fix your favorite protein.

You mentioned rice -- a favorite breakfast food of mine is leftover brown rice and eggs scrambled together. I usually add garlic and soy sauce, but you can spice it however you wish.
  • twelbies
    twelbies Posts: 31
    Options

Same-zies. I either have a hemp protein shake with a banana or a rice protein shake with a banana and a scoop of vitamineral. Around ten thirty for a snack I have two hard boiled eggs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!