What are your favorite restaurants who provide calorie info?

I find myself guesstimate calories a lot when I eat out.I love to try different foods and it has been difficult to log when I do that. I find only those few chain establishments i like such as subway, carabas, bonefish offers nutrition information. What are your places of suggestion? I live in Florida. :)

Replies

• If you know where you are going to can pull up most places calorie counts online. But also look for Weight Watchers. If a meal is label with points, I know its probably safe. My favorite by far is Applebees endless soup and salad lunch. I wont get the potato (unless its the only 1 I get). The french onion is low cal, shrimp salad, oriental chicken with the baked not fried chicken. Some really yummy options.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    I love Red Lobster the most. I used to like Subway until I found out how much sodium is in their foods.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    In California restaurants are required by law to post and/or provide calorie information so it is much different here. Nevertheless, most restaurants provide a nutrition menu online. I have bookmarked numerous restaurants' nutrition menus which I review before going out to eat if I have no clue what is healthy for me on the menu. There are also dozens of apps which will pull up restaurant information for you on the fly.

The real villain at most restaurants is sodium. High sodium content has caused me to pass up many foods that I used to eat with regularity.
  • Ruby Tuesday and Jason's Deli...Love the salad bars...I just try to make wise choices when I do.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    As a former server at Red Robin, I can honestly say the nutritional information is fabulous! On their website is a food customizer that you can select your menu choice, then add and subtract any ingredient. It will tell you calories, carbs, sodium, fat, etc.

I highly recommend a Simple Burger, substitute a turkey patty, no pickles, with a lettuce bun. For a side add chipotle black beans. Delish!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Ruby Tuesday for me too.
  • Potbelly's , Baja Fresh, the Silver Diner ( DMV area), Carraba's ...
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 567 Member
    Panera. The calories are posted right on the menu board so you don't even need to research before you go.
  • Panera Bread is my personal favorite. Firehouse Subs has nutritional info available, but that is the place my boyfriend prefers. There is a place called Texas Roadhouse that is a good replacement for Logan's Roadhouse since Logan's does not post any info. Those are the ones we go to the most often.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Applebee's and Red Lobster
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    For lunches - Jimmy Johns (and you can customize which is cool), Jason's Deli, and My Friend's place
    Dinner is a bit harder because we like to dine at the more non-chains, so it can be some guess work sometimes.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    tropical smoothie cafe
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    I'm with you. I don't really care for chains and we usually eat out at local establishments so I do a lot of guessing. If I go to a chain on a lunch break, I like Panera Bread because they have the calories displayed on the menu itself, Noodles & Company because I can get a curry with shrimp plus a salad for under 400 calories, and then Subway or places like Qdoba or Moe's where I can customize my meal to meet my caloric requirements.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    I'm one of those people who also like to go online and research what i'm gonna get before I hit the place... so the really handy ones for me are Panera, FlameBroiler, Subway, Panda Express and probably Souplantation.

In California, all food establishments are *SUPPOSED* to provide the nutritional info - but yeah, as soon as you decide to go to one of those delicious little non-chain mom and pop type places; they look at you really funny when you ask for their "nutritional and calorie information".
  • DebbieLOL
    DebbieLOL Posts: 71 Member
    I like Chipotle and Red Robin. their sites have nutritional calculators that allow you to get the calories for the food the way you order it, so for example omitting the condiments, cheese, bun, etc. At Chipotle, I love their burrito bowls. You can calculate the calories for the ingredients you add. There I order chicken, black beans, salsa and guacamole, no rice. Yummy!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    bump
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Panera forsure... they put it on the menue board right in front of you so you aren't guessing or tempted....:love:
  • Joysuzhou
    Joysuzhou Posts: 29
    Would love to have this law in FL. I would be the first to vote for it. Retails and restaurants have huge social responsibilities to us consumers while making $$$ :)
  • Joysuzhou
    Love their fuji apple blue cheese salad, salads are usually no less in cal's if we don't watch dressing...
  • Joysuzhou
    OMG, I LOVE chipotle, I hear on NPR, they are one of the first to use non-antibiotic pork, now they are committed to use all non-antibiotic meat.! a step closer to clean food :)