When do you weigh in?

Options
I have noticed that my weight in the morning when I first wake up is less (of course) than my weight at night before I go to bed. I've chosen to use my heaviest weight, in the evening, as my starting point and to weigh in the evenings. But I was wondering if there is a "right" way to do it or if it's just preference? When do you weigh yourself and why did you choose that time? Is there a "right" time to weigh and I'm completely off base here??

Replies

• Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you do it at the same time ish whenever you weigh, then it's entirely up to you.

Personally I like to weigh first thing.
  • bunnyfufu2012
    Options
    Early morning after umm morning business
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I always weigh every Friday morning after I use the bathroom.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i weigh in the mornings, after i have been awake for about 15 min. i dont' know why, but that's how i started so i stuck with it.
  • paangelqueen
    paangelqueen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning... and so far have lost 4 lbs in 5 days is that good?
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I weigh around 10 AM for the best weight for me. Seems like early morning when I get up (5:00 AM), I am usually still 1-2 pounds heavier.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning too, before breakfast.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Early mornings bi-weekly at home or Saturday morning at gym when I take monthly measurements. so it's once or twice a month depending on challenges but ALWAYS in undies during early AM.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    At the same time first thing every Saturday morning.
  • nlawing
    nlawing Posts: 36
    Options
    I wake up, go to the bathroom and weigh right before showering and before breakfast.

Usually on Tuesday or Wednesday to let my weekend cheat/binge meal work it's way through.

As said below, weigh approximately the same time of day and same day of the week.
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings, first thing, even before my coffee! :drinker:
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    i weigh in on sunday mornings. it goes get up, bathroom, weigh in, shower, get dressed and go
  • robertspencer
    Options
    I weigh myself in the mornings. After my workout and before i eat breakfast. I also weigh myself several times until i get the same weight twice. (Digital Scale)
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    first thing friday morning after bathroom run.
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure on Friday mornings :)
  • arwestover
    Options
    Definitely weigh first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating or exercising. The most accurate way to track your weight is to always weigh yourself under the same conditions. Weighing yourself at the end of the day when you're heaviest may be motivating for weight loss, but since no one does everything the exact same way every day, it's not as accurate. Also, make sure to drink enough water to replace the weight you lose during your workout; this keeps you from getting dehydrated, and also promotes weight loss.
  • lucylAnneMason
    Options
    Once a week, when I wake up, before i've eaten or drank anything =) x
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options

i agree. i do the same.
  • jealous_loser
    Options

i agree. i do the same.

Same here too. Makes the most sense. No extra food/water weight usually.,
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and usually do it first thing after I visit the bathroom in the morning before anything crosses my lips. I weigh in on Friday mornings now, used to do it on Monday but since I tend to eat a little more on weekends, I decided I would do it on Friday.