Out of Control

I feel like I am spinning out of control!
I am not motivated to workout out, eat healthy, or anything!
I mean, I KNOW what I am supposed to be doing and I know I will be happier if I do it, but for some reason I just can't seem to do it!

I know it seems like and excuse but it's a road block that I just can't seem to get over (and I should).
There has been a LOT of stress and transition the last 2 months of my life, again... an excuse but it's a major contributing factor.

How do you get over the hump and just kick it in the butt?

Replies

• azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    pick one thing that you already know you should do and commit to doing it. If it is to go to the gym, just commit to a short work out, like 10 minutes, then you can decide to leave or do another 10 minutes.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    pick one thing that you already know you should do and commit to doing it. If it is to go to the gym, just commit to a short work out, like 10 minutes, then you can decide to leave or do another 10 minutes.

I agree! Just go MOVE for awhile, even go for a walk outside and get fresh air to rejuvinate yourself! Yes you can!!!!!
  • I have been like that off and on for a couple of weeks...it's the pits!! :angry: :grumble: Finally I just decided that it was something I *HAD* to do. Once I got up and worked out I felt SO much better...so so so much better. I was glad I did it. Now for tomorrow......tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it....well no mistakes so far.....

:flowerforyou:
  • pick one thing that you already know you should do and commit to doing it. If it is to go to the gym, just commit to a short work out, like 10 minutes, then you can decide to leave or do another 10 minutes.

I agree! Just go MOVE for awhile, even go for a walk outside and get fresh air to rejuvinate yourself! Yes you can!!!!!

Great advice. I do feel better just doing something, even a short workout (I try to do it AT LEAST 3 times a week). I was reading an article about doing one small thing each week... I gave up milk chocolate for my first goal (which has been tough... cause I am SUCH an emotional eater).

It just doesn't feel like enough though, ESPECIALLY on binge days (cause that has been frequent because of stress).
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    You can do this, Brile.
    Take a deep breath. Exhale.
    You have control over the situation.
    You have control over your actions.
    Take it one day at a time.
    Today, you will eat better. You will work out. You will log your food.
    If you screw up at breakfast, resolve to do better at lunch and dinner.

You can do this. Never never ever give up.

:flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I went through a bad patch lately, and what I tried to focus on was maintaining my weight and not going over my calories by more than 1000 (my built in deficit). That way I knew I wasn't going to blow all of the hard work I put in, but I also wouldn't be losing any weight. If you're feeling weak right now, switch to maintenance mode for a bit. Hopefully those extra calories will be enough to keep you from undoing your progress. Try to force yourself to exercise at least a couple of times a week so you don't lose sight of the objective.

Good luck.
    I feel like I am spinning out of control!
    I am not motivated to workout out, eat healthy, or anything!
    I mean, I KNOW what I am supposed to be doing and I know I will be happier if I do it, but for some reason I just can't seem to do it!

I know it seems like and excuse but it's a road block that I just can't seem to get over (and I should).
    There has been a LOT of stress and transition the last 2 months of my life, again... an excuse but it's a major contributing factor.

How do you get over the hump and just kick it in the butt?