Workout buddies problem

Options
Cilenia
Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
Since i started doing NROL4W twice a week my boyfriend has been coming to the gym with me again, to join me in NROL4W. Im really happy that he is interested in going to the gym with me and doing something healthy again. He used to just sit behind the pc playing games, or do something else. This way we have something to do together twice a week :)

However since the past 8 or so years i have always gone to the gym with my dad. He still goes too but does his own workout. Now my boyfriend wants to change gym times and maybe switch gyms.... I dont want to leave my dad alone at the gym we go to now....

I havent told my dad this yet, dont really know how to as i feel a bit guilty about the whole situation. Anyone got an idea what i should do ??

Replies

• m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Kind of simple if you want to stay at the gym stay.

If you see genuine benefits to you of moving that outweighs your dad being there - move gyms

(I only give this point of view because you don't workout with your dad - if you did I would be addressing reliability)
  • mindslack
    mindslack Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you think that maybe your OH will flake out from going to the gym at some point soon and then you will be trapped at a diff gym?

Would you be able to guest pass at either gym? Or pay as you go? You could always visit the gym with one or the other in that scenario and workout with your dad and OH. Or maybe your dad may want to change gyms too?

Its really hard. I know if my OH decided to go to the gym with me (hahahaha) he would flake out really quickly after having a bad day, or wanting to play games too, and then all would be lost. We joined a gym about 3 years ago and I said I didn't want the commitment of joining if we didn't go. I ended up paying for the best part of a year and only going two or three times together. It really annoyed me.

Its really important for you to keep your continuity for yourself, but also supporting of others. What do you want to do deep down if there were no other considerations?

xxx
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Simple communication. Instead of thinking about all the possible outcomes, just talk to your father. I'm sure he'll understand. Hell, he might want to switch gyms too and is only staying there because of you! LOL.