New Mom from omaha want to lose 60 pounds

Options
Hi I am JoLeen. I have an awesome 9 months old daugther who is my life! I need help getting my diet under control. I am always on the go I work full time and go to school full time plus a full time mothers makes it hard. I don't really cook I don't have much time. I also can't really to the gym to much since I have a 9 month old. So far I need to lose 60 pounds. I really would like to start doing work outs at home. I could use any help I can get any tips are are welcome. Thank you for reading. :smile:

Replies

• biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    You've listed all the reasons you can't, now you just need to focus on all the reason you can and will lose those pounds...

First, just start off with sometime of exercise.. Walking, jogging, things along that line.

2nd, you have to focus on what you eat.. Make time to cook at home. When focus on making time you come up with the time..

3rd, Focus on what you eat!!! That wasnt a mistake.. Diet is the most important part...

If you have any questions just ask..
  • Fierystrawberry
    Options
    Thank you ED,

I really appreciate all the help. I will have start getting a list for the store ready and find some easy things to cook. Do you have any good recipes that are easy?
  • blackschecter
    Options
    Hey.. congratulations on taking action. Me too... I want to lose about 45 pounds. My son is encouraging me with this site. It is helpful for me just to track what i eat. At least it is honest. I catch myself wanting to eat something and then thinking - I don't know how to figure out the calories... by then the urge is a little less and i get out of there!!!

I know I have to stay off the carbs and sugar because they just kick off the cravings in me. My son says calories are calories, but I also know I want this to work.

There is a really good book - fat flush plan. Helped me see what to eat. I needed suggestions - but... I don't go gourmet, because like you, I am really busy and a single dad, self employed... nuff said. so.. what i do is pay attention to what is in the recipe and duplicate it in a simpler way... For example... recipe says broiled fish with asparagus... I read - can of good tuna (low salt) - which I can calculate here... greens - I go for variety.. salad dressing (newman's olive oil italian - no sugar) then some fresh herbs and spices that I get at the store.. viola! goes in a snaplock leak proof container and cooler for lunch. Couple apples, etc...

One recommendation that helped me was to pack my meals so I am not tempted by the candy machine or going out or whatever.. If its not in the cooler, I don't eat it. But i have to make it good for me. I work at that. Variety and flavor but i am not going to fool myself that this means sugar. I know I can break that urge in a few days if i focus elsewhere. But i allow myself variety within good things. Maybe i want a mango and they are $2 this week instead of $1 - who cares? I need a mango to stay away from sugar. then my son is right... Calories are calories. I can eat whatever i crave as long as I avoid foods that trigger cravings. For me that means sugar, white flour and highly processed food. That just sets me up to fail.

If I really need to eat out quick I try to find Chipotle orQdoba or Wendys... then eat healthy as I can... Wendys I eat a baked potato with sour cream and chives - throw away the butter, and cover that with a bowl of chili and onions - throw away the crackers

Most importantly, I am in this as a lifestyle. whatever I need to change i need to change and that is my goal. Set myself up so that over the next 45 weeks - yeah almost a year! I lose 45 pounds... but more importantly I live in a way that is good for me and need not ever change again. That means I stay healthy for life

Good luck!