New Running Shoe suggestions

Options
Amberh82
Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
I need new running shoes. anyone have any suggestions on what you have found you like?

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you are looking for... how much you run... what you run on... etc etc. I always research online what I know I may be looking for and then visit a running store to test them prior to buying them.
  • skinney227
    skinney227 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my nike free run 3.0 I had the free run 2.0 and loved them, too. They are both light weight and comfortable. My knees don't hurt at all during long runs. :happy:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love love love my Brooks pure connect minimalist shoes. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

They've made it possible for me to really run again.
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I bought some Asics running trainers about a year ago. I havent had any problems with them. Comfty and have never hurt my feet!
  • chelsa1986
    chelsa1986 Posts: 71
    Options
    I swear by Brooks, been running for two years and wouldn't use anything else. I suggest going to a store (like Fleet Feet) to get professionally fitted. Get inserts, do it right, you won't regret the money you'll spend and it's so important for the safety of your body to be in the right shoes.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    BROOKS!! Love them! I have tried shoe after shoe and always ended up with shin splints. These shoes have made it possible for me to run. The first time I ever ran in them they even changed my running form. Crazy! Love them!
  • laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would go check out your local running store and have them fit your foot for the proper running shoe for your needs.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I just got my first pair of Brooks yesterday and I can't imagine ever going back to another brand.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I would get fitted based on your feet...but other than that I love my nike 20's and my nike dual fusion (I have 2 pairs).
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    my favs are Mizuno :love: :love: :love: -- they have an awesome online fitting guide on their website.
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    I like my Asics
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I love my New Balance W880GS sneakers

I cannot recommend this more highly: GET FITTED. You may love the sneaker I love, you may hate it. It may not fit your foot at all. Getting fitted for a new sneaker is FREE and the right sneaker is one that fits your foot, and corrects your stride (if need be). Just go with a price range in mind, try on 6 or so different pairs, and see which one feels most comfortable on your foot shape.

No good reason not to get a fitting :) I would NEVER buy running shoes online.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    my Brooks Ghost 5 shoes...my first ever proper running shoes. I made sure I was fitted. I. love. them. :D
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I just got my first pair of Brooks yesterday and I can't imagine ever going back to another brand.

::like::
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Get fitted in a running store.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Running shoes are very personal. What works for me,would likely suck for you. Each runner's foot is sooooo particular. The shape, position of ankle bone, etc... Find a GOOD running store and get fitted. Make sure they video your gait and determine the best shoe for you. Try on a lot of different pairs and sizes. I had to go up a half size in my running shoes. Tell them they kind of training you plan to do - miles, on/off road, mud runs, tri training, etc....
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My friends gave me the best suggestion ever......I'm going to a podiatrist to get a custom insert that will make any running shoes perfect for me. My appt is next week, so excited!
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    LOVE my Brooks Ghosts 4...but it's all about your stride! Go get fitted and see what the choices are! :bigsmile:
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    please bump please bump i have the WORST shin splints when i run i cant even point my toes after two miles!!!! TWO MILES HOW AM I EVER GONNA RUN A HALF MARATHON

anyone try vibrams?
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I swear by Brooks, been running for two years and wouldn't use anything else. I suggest going to a store (like Fleet Feet) to get professionally fitted. Get inserts, do it right, you won't regret the money you'll spend and it's so important for the safety of your body to be in the right shoes.

this !! :) I love Brooks!