bmi question

Options
2»

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters who have said to get someone to measure you with calipers, then make sure the same person measures you every time.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I friggin hate when my bf tries to tell me that muscle weighs more!! It takes up less space then fat. How do people not know that??

Muscle tissue is DENSER than fat tissue. So, when volume remains constant, muscle WILL weigh more.

I really hate this argument. People always want to turn it into the stupid "what's heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?" riddle. Learn something about science. Christ almighty.
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would suggest finding a new trainer that talks out of the correct orifice.

agreed
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I agree 1 lb of muscle weighs more than one pound of fat!

bwahahahahaaa
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you had said muscle weighs more than fat I could agree. The same volume of muscle vs. same volume of fat...yes muscle will weigh more. Muscle has less volume than fat when comparing weight. BUT...a 1st grader can tell you that one pound of muscle and one pound of fat weigh the same! The volume would be different. But a pound is a pound.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    If you had said muscle weighs more than fat I could agree. The same volume of muscle vs. same volume of fat...yes muscle will weigh more. Muscle has less volume than fat when comparing weight. BUT...a 1st grader can tell you that one pound of muscle and one pound of fat weigh the same! The volume would be different. But a pound is a pound.

theres a difference between weight, volume and mass??? uh oh
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options

That is what everyone on here needs to realize. ^^^^ this was my exact point to the T!!!!!!! THANK YOU KRISTYNKAYTE