high protein breakfast food

Options
I need help finding high protein breakfast foods. I am ok with eggs but need another option. The taste and texture gets old quick and I get to the point where I can't stand them. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    something with peanut butter
    when my calories allow, I have a natural pb and banana sandwhich delicious and keeps me really full.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Kashi Go lean? I love their cereal...
    Oatmeal, flaxseed, blueberries & almonds
    Grapefruit with whole-wheat toast & almond butter (if you can handle grapefruit I can't)
    Something with peanut butter
    Cottage cheese if you like it, with some fruit or something
    Granola and yogurt.

Just a few.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, greeg yogurt, cottage cheese, regular milk, soy milk, low fat/no fat cheese, breakfast sandwich with egg whites, meat and cheese, protein pancakes (can find recipes online)
  • Afool
    Afool Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tofu, there are many different recipes online for "scrambled tofu" I add walnuts. Then again I love to add nuts to almost everything.
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Get some protein powder and mix with water or milk and add to whatever else you're eating. Or make a protein smoothie. Or add protein powder to pancakes.

Speaking of smoothies: you could make a smoothie with silken tofu or hemp for added protein.

Tofu scrambles with veggies/cheese.

Milk, yoghurt, or cottage cheese. I recommend the plain greek yoghurt with berries mixed in (most of the pre-flavored yoghurt has too much sugar IMO).

Also, you could change whatever bread you like to eat as toast to a sprouted grain bread. I like the Ezekiel 4:9 bread- 4 g protein and 80 calories. This bread is on the smaller side and 80 cals, so if you eat 2 pieces of toast with 2 tbsp peanut butter, that's 16 g of protein right there (more if you eat more pb). Add a cup of 1% milk and your breakfast has 26 g protein. (I know there are also other brands of "high protein bread" that probably provide more than this, too)

Lox (smoked or cured salmon) with cream cheese. This is probably my favorite suggestion (but also the priciest). I love this on bagels for breakfast, but if you wanted to reduce the carbs/calories, you could it on toast or english muffin.