gaining 6-10lbs a week how can I stop this?

Options
I know not eating so much would be a great answer. But its not that easy. I have been on depression meds which have made me put on weight without even eating much. SO i weaned myself off of them and now I feel better but look horrible. ANd I am having a really difficult time getting motivated or starting to lose weight. Is there any pills i can take to jump start my metabolism? Or is there anything safe I can do like a cleanse or anything that is a good idea when weight gains gotten out of control. Super down on myself...help?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I would talk to the doctor. I was on zoloft years ago for depression after an accident and lost weight.
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Not a big fan of pills or cleanses, that said, my advice would be to start making small changes like eliminating foods that have high calorie and fat contents from your home. You can also start being aware of portion size of meals.

Sfart logging so you can have an idea of how much you are eating and that way make the adjustments needed and lastly start some sort of exercise plan'

I am sure if you set your mind to it you will succeed! Best of luck to you!
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    anything dealing with medications should be talked to with a doctor.
  • erogers85
    erogers85 Posts: 32
    Options
    I agree that you should talk to a doctor about the medications. A great place to start with weight loss would be to start doing some type of exercise that you enjoy- anything: walking, swimming, yoga, dancing, it doesn't have to be high intensity. Getting yourself moving helps release endorphins and could be the motivation you need to get your eating habits on track. Good luck!
  • mymission92
    Options
    I get how you feel, it's like you're getting more depressed as you've put on weight.
    I went quite extreme and cut of sugar and most carbs (not veggies etc) for a few days and then slowly added back in the good ones. It seemed to give me a lift and got me back motivated