Help! I have a question...

Options
Ok, I started 30DS at 8wk postpartum and really expected to be sore after the workout. I can feel it slightly in my muscles that they're being worked, but honestly thought I'd be way more sore! I noticed in my diet I eat a lot of protein so I didn't know if that was keeping me from being sore (my muscles are being fed good)...?? I push myself in the workout too.. So I just wondered!

Not complaining by any means. Just didn't know if anyone had ideas why I wouldn't be sore.. I didn't work out all 9mo of my pregnancy either

Replies

• jenn6566
    jenn6566 Posts: 9
    Options
    The protein definitely helps - and drink a lot of water too that will also help if you do get sore in the future. I'm like you and always expect to be a little sore after any workout as kind of a measurement on how hard I worked. How many workouts have you done? Maybe just push a little harder next time? I've done teh 30 day shred program and was'nt very sore either but I'm a P90Xer so it wasn't quite that difficult for me.
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The protein definitely helps - and drink a lot of water too that will also help if you do get sore in the future. I'm like you and always expect to be a little sore after any workout as kind of a measurement on how hard I worked. How many workouts have you done? Maybe just push a little harder next time? I've done teh 30 day shred program and was'nt very sore either but I'm a P90Xer so it wasn't quite that difficult for me.

I'm only on day 4... Another thing I noticed is just in 4 days my waist measurement has gotten bigger... Why would this happen??
  • jenn6566
    jenn6566 Posts: 9
    Options
    I read somewhere that sometimes that happens when you start a new workout program, your muscles have those little tears in them and hold onto a lot more water so you'll be a little bigger at first (I think I read that with Chalene Johnsons Turbo Fire program I think?) I would think that will change in the next 3 or 4 workouts.
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that sometimes that happens when you start a new workout program, your muscles have those little tears in them and hold onto a lot more water so you'll be a little bigger at first (I think I read that with Chalene Johnsons Turbo Fire program I think?) I would think that will change in the next 3 or 4 workouts.

Hopefully!! My biggest fear is to be doing a workout and have my abs build outward like body builder!!