Chalean Extreme?

Options
Has anyone tried Chalean Extreme? What kind of results did you get? Pros/Cons??

Thanks!!

Replies

• mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am currently a little over half-way through Chalean Extreme. I took measurements at the beginning and then after the first month. In the first month I lost 6 lbs. and over 10 inches. I will take measurements in about a week and a half on day 60. Not sure that I am going to see as much movement but the second month is much heavier lifting. I love how much stronger I am and even the areas that aren't shrinking have better muscle definition. I am very happy so far. I like the 3 days of lifting and 2 days of cardio approach. The biggest con...make sure you have heavier weights. You will be stronger than you think. Invest in adjustable weights. I didn't and I am not able to lift as heavy as I could. I end up trying to create more resistance for myself just to hit failure.
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    Bump

I want to know too!
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 2 of Chalean Extreme. I was hooked on Turbo Fire, so I really miss the cardio, but I have a foot injury so I'm letting go of the high intensity workouts right now. I agree with mom2 that you definitely should get heavier weights because you are stronger than you think! I'm already seeing some muscle tone! Love it :)
  • tiffbou2
    tiffbou2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just finished the push month of Chalean. In a 4-week period (somewhere between the burn and push phases), I lost 1.5 inches in each arm, 3 inches in each leg, and 2.5 in my waist. When I started the push month I freaked out because I actually gained weight with a VERY healthy eating plan, but that weight dropped off again and the inches are what really matters to me. I only do the 3X a week weight lifting and ab videos because I do my own cardio 3 hours/week.
  • pixiechk201
    pixiechk201 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 of Chalean Extreme and I already love it! I haven't lost weight yet, but my cardio has already improved a ton (I can run 2 miles without stopping again)! My calves are burning unlike any other fitness dvds I've tried. So far so good!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second attempt at completing this and can testify that the biggest downside is that you will get really strong and your dumbbells will be far too small!!

The first time I stopped the routine, but i have now joined a gym and use the equipment there (DVD on the iPod listening, and take the book with me for the pictures to follow). Works great.

Its a quick workout so you can easily fit it in and its not at all intimidating. A very nice introduction to weights.
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    PS - There is a support group with lots of lovely people:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/318-chalean-extreme-support-group

Highly recommended!
  • pgrimm
    pgrimm Posts: 3
    Options
    You've convinced me to try it!! Thanks for all the feedback :)