Just over half way... (pics!)

Options
Having had a great day shopping, being able to get pretty, and slinky sexy, clothes in shops I never used to be able to go in made me feel great!

I figure there's no time like the present to share my progress!
I started on MFP quite some time ago but only got serious about losing weight in August 2011 when I saw my before pics below, I looked at them and thought - who is that person with the disgusting figure and where is my real body!!!

I started up with a personal trainer at the gym, changed the whole way I think about food & now I truly do think about food and exercise in a different way. So far I've lost just over half of the 85lbs I wanted to lose, and I know the second half will probably be harder but I'm gonna stick it out! I know I wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the progress I have without MFP, the friends on here who support and looking at all the progress pictures wishing it was me!
I've done progress pics, not sure I see a great deal of difference in the body yet but I've dropped 2-3 dress sizes and I know from my measurements I've lost inches!
Picture2.jpg

Loving the change in my face from the pics though, so here it is!
Picture1.jpg

Hopefully I'll be back in a few months at UGW being able to show you the end to this chapter of my journey :smile:

Replies

• stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratulations!!!
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    Sweet! Good work!

:smile:
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic! You've done so great! :D
  • IBetterShapeUp
    Options
    CONGRATULATION! You look great. Keep up the great work. :happy:
  • Emilina79
    Emilina79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!!
    well done, and during such a stressful time of studying too. I'm so happy to have you as a friend-you are very inspiring. I would never have considered doing before pics as I have had such a low opinion of myself and was scared of bad comments. I have been same really, started MFP a while back but only got serious just over 2 months ago, and I had actually even gained quite a bit in the meantime-which I didnt record on MFP-cheating I know. But its all positive thinking and a fresh start now.

I wish I had also taken before shots as have already noticed a difference in my figure. My new shape is very similar to your current shape except I am much shorter at 5'1".
    Being 32 I find it is harder than when I was young to lose the weight. but although I haven't seen the scales move much, or lost any dress sizes, my jeans fit more comfortably so i'm happy and I think I have just been inspired to take some shots!

Thanks for posting, always good to see peoples progress :drinker:
  • TrishD2
    TrishD2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! Great job! Your an inspiration....Add me if you'd like :)
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    amazing job :-) Keep up the great work cant wait to see end results!
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Thanks guys :D x
    Being 32 I find it is harder than when I was young to lose the weight. but although I haven't seen the scales move much, or lost any dress sizes, my jeans fit more comfortably so i'm happy and I think I have just been inspired to take some shots!

Do it! If only for you - I think it helps show your achievement, and your overall goal is made up of mini ones, my current clothes fit better, they're to big so I need smaller, I can see a change in shape, other people notice & compliment, I can wear different styles.... And so on :)

I'm so glad I started this journey I still have a few blow outs (my MFP friends will know this week is the prime example!) but on the whole i come back to eating healthy, maintaining good workouts and making the right choices for my health!

Roll on the next 2 & 1/2 stone!!!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Good job great loss :happy:
  • Septlondon
    Septlondon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    oh wow! well done you!!!
  • mary_pr37
    mary_pr37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    great job!!!!!! you look very nice!:smile:
  • whutzup1
    whutzup1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WTG! Your hard work has paid off! Congrats!
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

So proud of my progress & hope I can inspire at least 1 other person to make the change & make life easier & fun!
  • bucketzofcrazy
    bucketzofcrazy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, keep it up!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    you look great, great job. You can do it whoooohoooo!
  • allipix711
    allipix711 Posts: 91
    Options
    you look great! keep up the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!