Hi I am new to this site.........

Options
Hi
My name is Francine and I live in Virginia Beach. I was searching for a calorie counter and came across this site. I rejoined the gym after being away for almost a year. They are starting an Extreme Pound Down class which I have signed up for. It is a 10 week class but I am hoping that it is what I need to kick start me into getting healthy and in shape. I am not saying I am on a diet cause that just always seems to be a setup for me to fail. I want to change my eating habits not just to lose weight but as a way of life. I want this to be a permanent part of my life not just a temporary fix. Hoping to get all the help I need from the ladies at the gym and from everyone here. Thanks for listening.
Francine

Replies

• vabchbrwnidgrl
    Options
    Hi
    My name is Francine and I live in Virginia Beach. I was searching for a calorie counter and came across this site. I rejoined the gym after being away for almost a year. They are starting an Extreme Pound Down class which I have signed up for. It is a 10 week class but I am hoping that it is what I need to kick start me into getting healthy and in shape. I am not saying I am on a diet cause that just always seems to be a setup for me to fail. I want to change my eating habits not just to lose weight but as a way of life. I want this to be a permanent part of my life not just a temporary fix. Hoping to get all the help I need from the ladies at the gym and from everyone here. Thanks for listening.
    Francine
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome, Francine! :flowerforyou: This site is awesome if you ever need support we all are here for you and each other!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • monicayogima
    Options
    :smile: WELCOME....if you keep up on this site it can be wonderful...this is the 1st time I have dropped any weight after my 3rd child.....i was size six before her and after my other two...now I am an eight but its ok. I will get back into my sixes on day thanx to this site....good luck!!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great attitude about it. Welcome!
  • vabchbrwnidgrl
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that posted "Welcomes" for me. I am off to a great start today. My only concern is that I must attend my credit union's annual meeting dinner today. I know they will have things I can eat. I just need to make sure I stay away from the things that I know will get me into trouble. I am taking some fresh fruit with me so that I can have that instead of cake or pie. I will post something later to let you know how the day went.
    Thanks
    Francine
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome from the Richmond area!
  • katsmommie
    katsmommie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I just started yesterday so I am right there with ya. I was shocked at how much support I have already gotten. Hope it helps us both!