Anyone else doing Insanity?

Options
I'm still in my first week of the whole thing. Just wanted to see what I was in for. Anyone else here doing it and if so, what do you think of it?

Replies

• jenn6566
    jenn6566 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm also doing insanity right now - just finished week 2 but I've done the program before. It is TOUGH but such a great workout! Stick with it, you will LOVE it.
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    Im starting tomorrow with luvhandles. im scared
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I did it twice! It's a great program!! You will get addicted and want to push yourself more and more each time you do one of the workouts!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Up until I tried it I thought I was in pretty good shape considering the extra pounds. Once I did it I couldn't bring myself to do it again. The moves aren't hard- it's the speed and intensity. I think this is best for ppl with great stamina.

I'd like to give it another try once I have the strength and willpower to make myself do something like this and enjoy it.
  • jenn6566
    jenn6566 Posts: 9
    Options
    the key is to modify when needed. Like do'nt use your arms or step instead of jump. Just keep moving until you go through that workout again and all of a sudden you're like "hey, I'm jumping not stepping!" It's a good program for anyone, you just have to modify to your own abilities and just keep moving.
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I remember the first week. Are you holding on to the walls as you try to walk like I did??? LOL

Keep it up, it is the hardest, most rewarding program you can do.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the single best PACKAGED workout program I have ever attempted. I did two weeks of it and I saw noticeable results in only two weeks which is saying a lot. I had to quit however due to suffering an injury doing one of the week two workouts. I have very poor balance and coordination and am not safely able to perform any activity that involves that level of coordination without losing control of my footing and falling.

Honestly doing Insanity was the single most depressing thing I ever did because it reminded me how much autism is holding me back from doing physical things. I do not and never will have the motor control to be able to perform activities like that no matter how fit I get and it was just heartbreaking for me.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the single best PACKAGED workout program I have ever attempted. I did two weeks of it and I saw noticeable results in only two weeks which is saying a lot. I had to quit however due to suffering an injury doing one of the week two workouts. I have very poor balance and coordination and am not safely able to perform any activity that involves that level of coordination without losing control of my footing and falling.

Honestly doing Insanity was the single most depressing thing I ever did because it reminded me how much autism is holding me back from doing physical things. I do not and never will have the motor control to be able to perform activities like that no matter how fit I get and it was just heartbreaking for me.

That really sucks, man. The part about not being able to do the Insanity. Are you doing another workout program now?
  • contingencyplan
    Options

That really sucks, man. The part about not being able to do the Insanity. Are you doing another workout program now?

I put together my own that revolves mainly around use of a suspension trainer, a workout tool heavily recommended on autism forums because it gives you an intense resistance training workout while satisfying the neurological sensory need that causes us to stim.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3 today ...feel free to add me :) Its hard but I love the challenge!!
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I put together my own that revolves mainly around use of a suspension trainer, a workout tool heavily recommended on autism forums because it gives you an intense resistance training workout while satisfying the neurological sensory need that causes us to stim.
    Very cool, man!
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Very cool, man!

I like it a lot. I'm limited in the types of workouts I can do because of problems with basic motor skills, so it's nice knowing there's something I can go "balls to the wall" on without any real modifications. I can't say that about anything else I've tried. Areas where I struggle: balance, coordination, matching upper body movements with lower body movements, lateral movements, sudden directional changes, anything that involves standing on one leg, and bodily "multitasing." It's kind of hard to get in a good workout that way because my overall fitness and conditioning level is pretty good so being limited to beginner-oriented exercises means not being able to get in a proper workout.

I quit doing weighted workouts in the gym because I don't have the motor control to be able to use good form on anything =/

Suspension trainers are awesome though =)