My New Plan!

Options
I am getting kind of excited about this. I sit at work and read all the MFP boards and get super excited about working out and motivating myself to go to the gym when I get home, but when I get home, all that movitation is lost and I sit on the computer playing games on Facebook most of the night (omg, I am totally addicted to Cafe World, Farmville, Farm Town and Roller Coaster Kingdom).

Since I am unmotivated by the time I get home, why not go to the gym here at work during my lunch instead? I can read the boards in the morning and motivate myself, go work out for 30-45 minutes, shower and get back to my desk within an hour. I might even be able to convince my friends to join me (maybe....and thats a big maybe...especially since there is only 1 shower in the bathroom).

This will free up my nights to waste playing games but then I still get my workout in during the day and I will be guilt free!

(ok, so my friend says she doesn't want to get all nasty sweaty at work but is willing to at least go in and do weights so yay! thats a start!)

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Unless you have to be home at a certain time, what about going after work? Nice way to release the stress of the day :smile: Maybe they will join you then?
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Can you workout at that gym after work? That way you are already there and you can just go home and shower after your done with your workout, plus you will have longer so you won't be rushed. Don't get discouraged, you just have to get into a routine, good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's a great plan! That's what I always used to do at my old job. I'd go to the gym or go walking for 30 min then I'd still have like 30 min to shower and eat.

Now I do my exercise in the morning once I get to work. I just leave the house an hour earlier, since I don't have that much time for my lunch anymore...

I'm the same way, once I get home there is no gurantee that I'll be motivated enough to hit the gym...
    It's either helping with homework, TV, or facebook...lol

Good Luck to you, and you'll see if you try it for a week how much better you'll feel!!!

103332.png
    - Free Calorie Counter
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am getting kind of excited about this. I sit at work and read all the MFP boards and get super excited about working out and motivating myself to go to the gym when I get home, but when I get home, all that movitation is lost and I sit on the computer playing games on Facebook most of the night (omg, I am totally addicted to Cafe World, Farmville, Farm Town and Roller Coaster Kingdom).

You sound exactly like me. :glasses: Good luck on the lunch thing! I've thought about doing that but the thought of being all icky and having to take a shower before going back to work just doesn't do it for me. :ohwell:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I always ponder on those who exercise at lunch.... when do they EAT lunch???
    Don't get me wrong, workout whenever you can... it just has been something I ponder.

I used to workout after I'd get home, it was tough to keep motivated to do that, but it was worth it. So, if working out at lunch is too hectic. Doing it right after work (like a scheduled meeting) would be a great option!

Either way, good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    (omg, I am totally addicted to Cafe World, Farmville, Farm Town and Roller Coaster Kingdom).

i used to be a FarmTown junky! I love YoVille! and
    im totally addicted to Mafia Wars!!!! LMAO!!!
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I workout 3-4 days a week on my lunch break:bigsmile: It really is the best time for me because I don't like getting up really early, and I never have time at night. I usually just eat at my desk before or after I go and work out.
    Good job, Let us know how it goes!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I don't have a certain time to be home every day but it takes 45 minutes to get home. I tried going to the gym after work a while ago and gave up because I got sick of being at work. lol. Its work....I hate the thought of being here any longer than I have to. Plus with the days starting to get shorter, I don't want it to be completely dark by the time I get home cause that'll just make me feel like I have absolutely no time left in my day. It'll be best for me to do it in the middle of the day (otherwise I see myself quitting). But definitely thanks for the suggestions :-D keep 'em coming!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Yeah! I workout 3-4 days a week on my lunch break:bigsmile: It really is the best time for me because I don't like getting up really early, and I never have time at night. I usually just eat at my desk before or after I go and work out.
    Good job, Let us know how it goes!

I always wondered when lunch fit in!

Oh! Another thing I've seen lots of people do... Walk at the office or do stairs... depends. I used to teach and teachers would use the track at lunch or on prep time to get in a quick workout.

I totally understand the whole getting dark and not feeling like you have any time.