What do you wear to the pool at the GYM?

Options
I want to use my gym's pool, but I don't know what is appropriate. I'm thinking I probably don't want to jump in wearing my bikini I'd wear at the beach. And racing Speedo's are expensive. What's normal? What stands out to you as inappropriate?

Replies

• drumprincess1
    Options
    ive always wondered this too.....i did have a sporty type bikini that i got on sale at an athletics store for like 20 bucks or something. you might want to check that out. i ended up losing that bikini, so i guess ive always wondered if a regular bikini was appropriate.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    first of all being naked is againest the rules so dont rock your birthday suit!!:laugh:

I cant see why you cant wear a bikini, whats wrong with that?
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would say wear whatever you feel comfortable in as long as certain parts are covered :)
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't think a bikini is appropriate if there is no sun. Go with anything one piece or even a tankini. Had to find a "modest" one piece for my overly developed daughter to take to church camp. Wal-Mart had some decent quality suits for around $15. I was totally surprised.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I wear any one piece suit that covers me from the top to the thighs. I did that even when I was thinner.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I wear a one piece. I have like 800 billion of them. You can shop around online and find good deals. If you get a speedo endurance suit it will literally last you forever. The material doesn't fade or stretch. I honestly have some that I could still wear (if they fit) that I got 7+ years ago

But then again, I was a competitive swimmer for 16 years of my life. You better believe we make fun of all the girls that come in wearing bikinis (unless it is an outside pool, of course)
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I found that the gym pool was super-chlorinated and totally faded my favorite suit. If I had to do it over again (I've since joined a different gym that doesn't have a pool), I'd scoop up a cheap one-piece or modest two-piece from Walmart and roll with that.
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Anything is appropriate judging by some of the outfits that are walking out on the floor. Wear what will work. if you are swimming and the bikini just wont stay on I would say try something else. I know nothing about wearing bikinis (they dont come in my size) but if its excercise they need to be comfortable and non constrictive. Wear what you have and continue your excercise
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I wear my normal bikini's; I just try to shoot for the more conservative ones.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about the swimming and water aerobics I do and i don't think I could do them with a 2pc on and be comfortable moving around. Get a cheap 1 pc. Def agree about the chlorine, its usually higher in gym pools.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    1. being a gym pool I would recommend a one piece of something that would fit you comfortable to actually swim in (I am assuming that is the intent) I too was a former competitive swimmer and we did laugh at the girls coming in wearing a bikini to swim in - they always had to stop to re-adjust themselves.

2. To keep the suit in decent condition, rinse off in the shower to get rid of the chlorine to maintain the integrity of the suit. Gym pools are HIGHLY chlorinated - so just keep that in mind.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I don't think a bikini is appropriate if there is no sun. Go with anything one piece or even a tankini. Had to find a "modest" one piece for my overly developed daughter to take to church camp. Wal-Mart had some decent quality suits for around $15. I was totally surprised.

Its not appropriate? Why not? I think I call bull**** on that one.
  • lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    just make sur ewhetever suit you wear you have not paid a lot for. you dont realize the chemicals in those pools til you work there!! that stuff eats through swimsuits!!
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    red_retro_one_piece_suit_bathing.jpg
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Have to have the flower and heels... a must. ;)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Get a sporty bikini.
  • Laurarunnergirl
    Laurarunnergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    At my gym, the pool is used for lap swimming and water aerobics, so the only women's suits I see are the ones made to workout in -- the one-piece racing suits. I did a little shopping around and bought a couple on sale at Lands End, and I rotate them. That was a couple of years ago, and they're still going strong. As others have mentioned, make sure to rinse them out after each use to get the chlorine out.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    A racing speedo :p or, actually any regular one piece.
    swimoutlet.com has some really nice suits that are cheap.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I mostly see ladies wearing 1 piece suits. I have seen some wearing bikini style suits, not many.. I got a cheap 1 piece at walmart for $15, that way i could get 3 suits to alternate , I didn't feel comfortable wearing a 2 piece trying to do water aerobics..:bigsmile: I was afraid something might pop out. lol
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I wear a tankini because that's what I have right now. It covers everything. The majority of women wear one piece suits although I have seen bikini. I have also seen a man in a Speedo so I guess anything goes.