What do you have with your eggs?

Options
2»

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Corn shell, one egg, sauteed mushrooms, onions and peppers and a thin slice of swiss with hot sauce!!! Yum!! Or in a wrap with lettuce, black beans, salsa, sour cream, sauteed veggies and avacado!! :)

And lol!! A omlete with ricotta cheese, sauteed veggies and salsa!! :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    bacon crumbles, cheese, salsa, or I make mini fritattas with broccoli and red peppers, artichoke hearts, bacon or ham and swiss or cheddar cheese
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My husband makes this dish that starts with hardboiled eggs that he then chops up and does up in a pan with tomatoes, onions, hot peppers and all sorts of seasonings I can never seem to replicate. They are so spicy and delicious!
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My husband makes this dish that starts with hardboiled eggs that he then chops up and does up in a pan with tomatoes, onions, hot peppers and all sorts of seasonings I can never seem to replicate. They are so spicy and delicious!

I might have to try that!
  • DMarkSwan
    DMarkSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What, are we on some kind of health website? ...Oh yeah, we are. Well, I eat bacon and provolone with my eggs, but I do put it on a whole wheat bagel thin.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lots of veggies and tuna!
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    As crazy as this sounds, I like salt and pepper and my 2 saucy/soupy eggs mixed into rice. :) Mmmmmmm..... I crave it daily!
  • Jeepers133
    Jeepers133 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Banana peppers & tomatoes.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    HP Sauce
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    green/red/yellow peppers, swiss cheese, bacon, onions
  • chatonx
    chatonx Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I usually scrabble in spinach & cheese. Today I had black beans, cheese & a little Cajun spice. Yumster!

What about you?

1. I read "yumster" as "hamster" and was momentarily upset that you were eating hamsters. >.<
    2. I got a few different ways with my eggs.

One is plain and simple - just some seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder).

The next step up would be to add some chicken sausage. Usually one or two links.

The next step is some cheese.

After that if I'm feeling really crazy I through it all in a tortilla and cut up an apple for the side. :]
  • Nikkislim32
    Nikkislim32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I might be weird, but I like to make egg white omelettes with shrimp, cheese, spinach and mushrooms...delish:bigsmile:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    avocado or guacamole
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I have hominy a lot with my eggs. But then again fried spam with cheese is yummy as well.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, red peppers, ham, and extra sharp cheddar cheese made into an omelette.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Lately my FAVORITE is poached eggs with guacamole and toast
    :love:
  • hollywood8782
    hollywood8782 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2 slices of turkey bacon Oscar Meyer (sp) low sodium only. Turkey anything is better than pork so I tend to eat that if I must have a meat.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Mushrooms, Onions, Cheese and Turkey Bacon.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    2 slices of turkey bacon Oscar Meyer (sp) low sodium only. Turkey anything is better than pork so I tend to eat that if I must have a meat.

I've seen sources that disagree with your assessment that turkey bacon is better for you than the real thing (unless I'm misunderstanding and you meant that as a personal taste assessment). Here's one QA/link about it, but I've seen it other places as well.

Q: Is turkey bacon honestly that much better for you than the real thing? (http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/is-turkey-bacon-really-better-for-you-and-other-tricky-nutrition-questions-2452434.html)

Nope. As far as calories go, the difference between the two is surprisingly negligible. While turkey is a leaner meat, turkey bacon isn't made from 100 percent bird--it comes with a long list of additives and extra ingredients that don't pack any nutritional value. Both kinds of bacon can give you a mouthful of sodium, but at least with regular bacon, you're eating a real food that also makes your kitchen smell delicious.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Yummy - this is generally my breakfast except I usually use 3 eggs instead of the eggbeaters however I only eat 1/2 for breakfast and save the other half for the next day or maybe dinner if I am lazy that day.
    Everyday for the past few weeks I have an eggbeaters omlette for breakfast:

1/2 cup eggbeaters
    handful of combo of 2 kinds of veggies(spinach, tomatoes, zuccini, mushroom, asparagus, mushrooms, onion, peppers . .)
    turkey bacon or canadian bacon (this week i had leftover crabmeat- YUMMY!)
    sprinkling of low fat shredded cheese
    tabasco, salt n pepper

Usually between 200-250 calories and 20+ grams protein!