discouraged and hungry

Hi
I started here about a month ago. I have lost about 5 lbs, but that started before I found MFP. I was sick all last week and wasn't able to work out. Listen. I haven't lost anything in at least 2 - 3 weeks even though I am keeping to my calories as closely as I can. Believe me, my calories since joining MFP are significantly lower than what I used to eat. MFP only gives me 1200 calories a day unless I work out. Why am I not losing weight? I am really hungry most of the time and am wondering if this is worth it or not. Please help.

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

READ ALLLL THE STICKIES at the top. Hope to see you over there!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

READ ALLLL THE STICKIES at the top. Hope to see you over there!

THIS!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    If I eat 1200 calories, I stop losing altogether. For me, i need around 1325, minimally. I think we're all different, and we can't go by a magic, one size calorie count fits all. Try adding a hundred calories or more and see how it goes.

And, if you're hungry, try upping your protein. That can help.
  • Bethutoo
    Bethutoo Posts: 4 Member
    I'm a 55-year old, post menopausal vegetarian and when I started MFP originally, I went about 5 weeks and didn't lose a thing. Ugh! I upped my activity, but it really wasn't enough. I finally discovered that it was my mix of foods. I needed to reduce eating fat and carb calories to as few as possible, and pack on the lean protein calories, even if it means going over that 1200 calorie mark. So, for you, that means eat more fish, chicken, try different legumes and beans, eat non-fat yogurts with lots of fruit in it. Drink skim milk and have an egg white omelet. Eat lots of that stuff and you won't feel so hungry! And lessen the cheese, butter, whole milk, bread, pasta. C'mon - blast through for a week or two with that kind of diet and you'll soon be slimmer!
    PS - Start using lots of fresh ground pepper and other fresh spices. Popcorn sprayed with butter-flavored PAM, then sprinkled heavily with lots of fresh ground pepper, salt and a little parmesan cheese is wonderful! To splurge, spray it with a little olive oil.
    You've got this, Girl!