Trader Joe's Cleanse... or other cleanse. What to expect?

Options
Help me understand the whole cleanse thing! I'm fascinated by the idea of feeling "healthier" and "less sluggish" as I've heard others report...but a little nervous from some of the things I've read.

Will I be running to the bathroom every five minutes? Will my skin be horrible? Do I need to take two week's vacation from work to do one of these things?:frown:

Is it worth it?

I've noticed Trader Joe's now carries a cleanse package for $12.99 that is apparently "gentle." Has anyone tried this and seen positive results?

Replies

• Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's a bunch of crap.

If you really want to "cleanse" yourself go buy some laxatives and have at it.

The whole idea of "feeling healthier" comes from making a dietary change. Instead of sugary simple foods, choose foods packed with vitamins and minerals (ie. fruits & veggies instead of twinkies and sweet breads)
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    A whole bunch of crap is right. Go get a copy of "The Eat Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno and get yourself a spankin' new workout routine and have a blast!
  • AimeeKessler
    AimeeKessler Posts: 28 Member
    Options

If you really want to "cleanse" yourself go buy some laxatives and have at it.

So, really? That's all it is? Pooping your guts clean? EUWW. What about "purging toxins" and all that?
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Your liver and kidneys "cleanse" you. Nothing else is needed. Please don't waste your money.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

So, really? That's all it is? Pooping your guts clean? EUWW. What about "purging toxins" and all that?

Yup, advertising hype. Your body is quite capable of "detoxifying" by itself (short of heavy metal ingestion or acute poisoning)
  • AimeeKessler
    AimeeKessler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all. I get it... and I'm eating much cleaner lately, so I probably need it even less.

Curious to hear from a few "pro-cleanse" folks to get their side of things, but pretty sure I'll just be focusing on clean foods and more water.