Just upped my calories

Options
I decided to up my calories from lose 2 lbs. a week to 1 lb. a week, because that is what I am doing anyway. What to do with all these extra calories??? I have been at 1200 since June 1st, so I'm pretty excited to have almost 1400 now. Wahoo!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :glasses:

Anyone had success with doing this? I'm hoping it will give my metabolism a boost (plus I can eat more peanut butter, so that's always a plus).

Replies

• menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yep, I hit a plateu a few months ago and I increased my calories. After doing that, I lost the rest of the weight. Enjoy the extra calories!:drinker:
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Just upped mine too to 1300.... I might do more next week. The scale finally started moving again for me as well because of the upage (is that a word?)
  • sara21
    sara21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How does upping your calories help you loose weight? Shouldn't you just eat the same amount of calories, but spread them out over the day to keep you metabolism going? Please help me understand. I might need to try this eventually (still new at this).
  • KariM
    KariM Posts: 53
    Options
    I started at 1200 too and didn’t t drop anything for 2 weeks. I upped to 1300, lost a few pounds, so I upped the calories to 1500 and found my sweet spot. Have lost 16 lbs in the past 8 weeks doing this! And I eat all my exercise calories (normally 200-300 cals). Even though I have a desk job, I think I move more than I was giving myself credit for. Being a mom is busy work! :smile: So now I eat 1500-1700 calories and seem to be steadily losing. Best of luck to you!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I'm not actually sure how it works to up your calories and lose weight. I know it has something to do with your metabolism...might want to post a new topic and ask about this. The main reason I did it was because I was always over my calories and I only want to lose one pound a week, which is what I have been doing anyway. So, I figured I should just change my goals to 1 lb. per week loss so I can eat more :bigsmile: I know Banks would know the answer to this!