Am i the only one

Options
I started at 360 lbs, i have currently lost about 25 lbs. the only issue is that i feel just as big if not bigger then when i started. I dont know if its because I'm trying to look to hard to see a weigh loss but when i look at my body i have no idea where the 25 lbs came from.

Am i the only one with this issue? or am i just reading to much into the 25 lb?

Replies

• taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do not weight as much as you do, but I have felt what you do. I lose a few pounds and go where? Where are they gone from? 25 lbs is a wonderful accomplishment! Keep trucking! It takes every one of those lbs to add up to a bigger number down the road. you will see the changes in yourself! give it time.
  • kimdarren
    kimdarren Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I've lost 22lbs and when I'm sitting down I can definately see a difference when I look down to my tummy. All of my clothes are getting too big, my hubbies just bought me two summer tops that are 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing, but yet when I look at a sideways view of myself, I think 'what the heck'. I don't think I look as though I've lost any weight but I know that I have. I think the problem was that I didn't admit to myself that I was as big as I really was and kept trying to get into clothes that were a size too small on me before I joined MFP. I started at 244.8lbs and I'm now down to 222.4lbs. It's taken awhile, and I'm going slowly but it's STAYING OFF! People have started noticing as well. I know it puts a damper on things but don't give up. There's no harder critic than yourself.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 (to 324) and I don't feel it or see it yet. But someone at work that I see, but rarely talk to, stopped me and said, "I don't want to be disrespectful, but whatever you are doing, keep it up". As I heard her speak the words, I hoped she meant my weight loss, but I had to ask her what she meant to be sure.

I'm sure if I keep at it, one day, I'll just wake up skinny....right?

Congrats on your loss so far, l am looking forward to future updates from you.
  • Tanyaclare
    Tanyaclare Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hay guys you have to change your mind set!! it is about seeing what is in the mirror not what was in the mirror.

think the sizing is different in England to America, but I have gone from a size 18/20 really fat, to a size 10/12 normal size. I look in the mirror and I have to remind myself that a size 12 is not fat anymore, some days even looking at old photos doesn't help.

try to love yourself, but remember see what is in the mirror not what used to be in the mirror

good luck
  • moosmumma
    moosmumma Posts: 25
    Options
    I often look at myself and feel blobby yeti've lost 24lbs and have dropped 2 dress sizes. I have been the same weight and size for the last two months so feel less motivated although I'm still doing the same things. Self image is a hard thing to deal with but you've done absolutely fantastic. Keep it up.