Half way to GW!

Options
Canadyna
Canadyna Posts: 11 Member
Today marks a special milestone for me... 27 lbs gone, 27 lbs to go. I know I find people sharing their story to be motivating, so I thought I would share my success so far.

My journey began in December. My father was given the "talk" from his doctor about the need to lose weight and how it is effecting his health. After that he approached me and asked if I would start to lose weight with him. We would do a weekly weigh-in and share our progress. I didn't appreciate at that point that I was the heaviest I had ever been (including being 9 month pregnant with either of my boys). When I stepped on the scale I was shocked. I was 235 lbs. The signs were all there... people asking when I was due, only I wasn't pregnant.

With good intensions I tried to avoid all the holiday treats over Christmas and I managed to come down to 232 lbs by January, but then the weight loss stopped. I had no plan and didn't know what I needed to do to lose the weight.

On March 4th I was taking video of my boys. After watching the video I realized how others were seeing me. This is a still from the video.

Videostill.jpg

I was shocked and horrified, but also motivated. A few friends were using mfp, so I thought I would sign up. I started at the beginning of March at 232 lbs. My goals have been 1 lb a week, but most weeks I have succeeded at taking off a little more. Most of my changes have come from diet, but exercising has become a lot easier without the extra weight.

The picture on the left is me at 232 lbs when I joined mfp and the picture on the right is me today at 207 lbs.

Comparison2-2.jpg

The journey has included up's and down's, but overall I consider this a lifestyle change and not a diet, and I'm not in a rush. I want the weight gone, but I want it gone for good. I am not denying myself any of the foods I love, but I am moderating and keeping track. I am half way there and I expect it will get harder, but I am happy with the progress so far.

Here are the full body shots taken today.

2079-body.jpg

These are my stats.

Height: 6 ft
SW: 235 lbs
CW: 207 lbs
GW: 180 lbs

Bust: 48 in down to 43 in
Waist: 40 in down to 36 in
Hips: 45 in down to 42 in

And a special area I call
Muffin Top: 48 in down to 43 in

This is my favourite picture of all...

WiiFit.jpg

Good luck to everyone in their journey!

*any editting will be to fix pictures*

Replies

• nesskehoe
    nesskehoe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, congrats on all your hard work :)
  • jacksonde24
    jacksonde24 Posts: 103
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats on your hard work!!
  • JJPT
    JJPT Posts: 69
    Options
    wow! congrats! it must fel great to see the results of your hard work
  • Canadyna
    Canadyna Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. :happy:
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Yay, you look fantastic! Keep up the great work, you will be where you want to be in "no time!"
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Congrats! great progress.
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Congrats, you look great.
  • yorg8
    yorg8 Posts: 4
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing... Your story is a great motivation.
  • hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!! Way to go, you'll reach your goal in no time!!
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!