looking for some friends

Options
Hey everybody. I'm Sam and I'm new to MFP. I'm a WW drop-out (it was just too expensive for me). I've gained all of my weight lost on WW back, plus a couple pounds. I'm looking to make friends here to help keep me motivated until I'm able to get active and motivate myself. I just had my gallbladder out on Tuesday, so I have a few weeks before I can start working out...having no trouble at all not eating many calories since I have no appetite. But I know this won't last for long. Any tips to figuring out MFP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Replies

• Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam,

Welcome to MFP.. Enjoy your new lifestyle and I hope you make lots of fun friends here!

-V-
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hey Sam! Welcome. You'll do well here, I know. It's a great place and it's nice to have friends who can support you along the way.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope you're feeling better soon! Add me if you like, would love to be of support for each other! : )
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    Hello,
    First let me say that I'm a lazy guy! lol.. Really, I am not big on exercise other than walking. I am 5'10" and didn't hit 200lbs until I was like 28 yrs old. Now fast forward to the beginning of May this year. I was hospitalized for a heart problem, A-fib, that I experienced out of nowhere. The cardiologist said "Mr. Long, I knew you were a big guy, but.... you weigh 180kg's". I thought to myself, ok, that's not a huge number.... I wonder how many pounds that is, do I want to know? He left and I googled the conversion, whoa .... I weighed 400lbs! I had a complete work up done there and a stress test. Sugar-fine, BP-fine, cholesterol-fine... I know, I am like a medical marvel! I was just 200lbs overweight, and everything that checked out as good, could easily become bad! I made a decision that day to change the way I eat and start walking daily (I hurt my knee about the first week, I'm being treated by my doctor for it now, so no walking right now).
    I'm very dedicated to eating right and love the support here on MFP. The phone app makes calorie counting so easy! You can check out my food diary to see how much food I eat, but I choose low calorie things to balance it out. After all, I'm not dieting, I'm making a new lifestyle change. This is forever! Since the 4th of May I started at 400lbs, my last weigh-in I was at 379, showing a loss of 21lbs! That was last Tuesday, I expect to have lost between 8-10 more pounds by this Tuesday. I'll be here if you need some support or encouragement, I'm in it for the long haul! My goal is a loss of 150lbs., so I have a way to go yet! I'm glad we are all in this together, we can do it! Steve
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam....Welcome! Support and friends is what you'll find here on MFP. We will listen, offer tips & ideas, and just be here for you. All for the low, low price of....FREE! :happy: It looks like you've taken the first step by joining MFP. Hope you recover quickly from your surgery and that you get off to a great start in achieving your goals.
  • SLampear88
    Options
    Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! :)
  • margejonez
    margejonez Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Sam welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me if you like. I too need encouragement at time. I love this app. as everyone seems pretty nice. If you have question about MFP just ask and I will try to help you. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Marge..
    my daughter is also on here if you want to add her..her name is Suzanne Martin..her pic is a 4 square with her pic in them..different colors
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome Sam, I am sure if you log everything you will be fine! good luck on your journey
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...it is a great site for motivation and support and the price is right! Lol! Hope you recover well from your surgery.
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new too, but my best advice for MFP is to log honestly & to spend a bit of time reading through stuff around here, & don't be shy. If you read someting that resonates with you, send a friend request to the poster! I've found all sorts of really great folks here that way & I feel much more motivated than I ever did on my own. I think there is even a group for folks recovering from injuries (I'm guessing surgery counts:). Feel free to add me if you like, I'm no expert, but I do what I can. Best of luck to you!!
  • Casssafrass
    Options
    I'm new, too. I've tried MFP before, but now that I have an iPhone I think it will be easier to track before I forget. Also, I find planning your food for the day in the morning helps you stay on track. I put my planned food in and that helps me stay at my goal. I'm also less likely to "sneak" anything because I know that as long as I stick to the day's plan, I'm good.
  • initforlife_clc
    Options
    Hey Sam!

Welcome!!!

I’m fairly new to MFP too, but I’m really liking it so far….I used to only know it as an app on my phone and today I just discovered MFP online?!?! It’s a good addition if you are doing this throught your phone app….Reading the blogs are very inspiring, and you can get lots of motivation just reading through…and I’m sure making pals helps too, everyone needs as much support as possible.

You can add me if you like :)
  • Nano1360
    Nano1360 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP! I'm also new in here, about 2 weeks. Feel free to add me!