PB2

Options
2»

Replies

• myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Where can you buy this???? I love peanut butter!!!

My local nutrition store sells it...

here is the company that makes it:
    http://bellplantation.com/
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love it! It doesn't taste exactly like regular peanut butter... the consistency is a bit different, but it is very yummy and I spread mine on rice cakes for a mid-afternoon snack that doesn't kill my calories for the day.

BTW... from a health food store, I got my first jar of PB2 for about $6.... but if you get it from this place, a jar is only $4 (about the same as regular peanut butter from the store) and the 1 lb refill is only $8 and will refill your jar three times!!

http://www6.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe for Chocolate PB Cookie Dough Balls

5 Tbsp rolled oats (old fashioned or quick...each makes just a little difference in texture)
    2 Tbsp PB2
    1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips (I use Nestle)
    1 tbsp honey (or stevia powder)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tbsp water

Mix all ingredients together, and roll into 3 balls.
    Depending on the consistency you like, you can refrigerate them (firmer) or just eat "raw" - that's what I like best.

Other add ins I've tried: right before eating, roll in some chia seeds ; add cacao nibs to the dough; add dried cranberries to the dough; roll in PB2 (kind of like dusting a sugar cookie...)

Enjoy!!

Enjoy!
  • Ginagogogo
    Ginagogogo Posts: 42
    Options
    That recipe sounds amazing! Just found PB2 at my local commissary, so I will be trying them later!
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I just ordered regular and chocolate from Amazon. I like it, but it's a little $pendy for what you get.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Oh it's definetly low cal and tasty. But is it rich and creamy or even AT all like "real" peanut butter? No. The flavors there, it's creamy, but it is NOT peanut butter- so don't go in with that expectation.

:)
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I mix it with water if I want to put it on like an apple or banana but otherwise I use the powder in shakes oatmeal. The chocolate pb2 is very good also.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of peanut butter, but I love the pb2! I've found so many ways to incorporate it into different recipes... So glad I tried it out :) And the chocolate one is fabulous! I made oatmeal yesterday with chocolate pb2 and a little bit of s.f. maple syrup- taste just like a no bake cookie. I'm pretty proud of that, haha!
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Oh it's definetly low cal and tasty. But is it rich and creamy or even AT all like "real" peanut butter? No. The flavors there, it's creamy, but it is NOT peanut butter- so don't go in with that expectation.

:)

You're right. It doesn't have the same mouth feel as real peanut butter, and it's only 'okay' on sandwiches. I'll try it in a smoothie once my order arrives.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Yummeeee!