P90X/INSANITY...CHALENE?

Options
I have a question for anyone who has done all 3: P90X, Insanity AND Chalene Extreme. If I have done P90X and Insanity will I find any use in doing Chalene Extreme? I don't know if it would be too easy, too boring, too whatever for me now.

Any thoughts or insights would be more than greatly appreciated!!!!!!! Also, would Chalene be "too girly" for my husband to do along w/me (he has also done P90X and Insanity)?

THANKS!

Replies

• calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I do insanity now and have chalean planned for after the holidays. I like to switch them up every 60 to 90 days. I just got done turbo jam and loved that program.
  • saphirra
    Options
    hey,

i have done them all p90x charlean and ight now i am on insanity actually i am in my 7 week of it and with this progam i lost alot of inches i wnet down 2 sizes in my waist. charlean i only did for 2 months instead of the full 90 but i did lose 7 pounds and i combined that with weight watchers

:wink: As far as it being to girly for your husband absolutly not this program is no joke i love it and it defenlty works your body out really well. i am going to be doing chalean right after i finish up insanity because with all my research i did muscle burns fat and when you are at rest you continue to burn calories in which i think you know already if you have done p90x :happy: i love CHALEAN it is awesome

if you need more info on chalean email me at saphirra1980@yahoo.com
  • saphirra
    Options
    oh yea if you could give me more info on INSANITY like how much weight you lost or inches and hoew you liked trhe program that would be great please do email me

saphirra1980@yahoo.com
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Saphirra- I just sent you an email to your yahoo account.

Saphirra & calabrdm- thanks for your replies!

Also, if anyone hasn't done Insanity, but has done Chalene & P90X...your thoughts on CHalene vs the X would also be helpful.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hi BiloxiBelle,
    I have not done the ChaLean X yet but that is what I will be doing as soon as I finish Insanity (I'm in 7th week)! It looks to be a great one though!! Hey! It is good to see a pic with your profile, you are very pretty!! Good luck at finding your NEXT challenge!!
    Verda
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I have done a complete round of CE and have done the P90X workouts (not a round, just randomly do the workouts). I personally feel like CE is tougher. She goes SLOW, which is a lot different than Tony in P90X. I think when you go that slow, you focus more on the weight you're lifting and really focus on form too. After 1 round of CE, I wanted to explore other strength routines, which is when I tried P90X, Power90, Power Half Hour, Jari Love, Biggest Loser...just to name a few. I was SOOO excited to go back to CE. She really motivates you and makes you know you can make it through. Oh, the other thing, the workouts are 30-45 minutes, so you can easily throw in cardio afterwards if you want...not necessarily the case with P90X.

I would recommend the program to anyone!
  • curvygirl63
    Options
    BiloxiBelle, would you send me the same email you sent to Saphirra about your experience/opinion on Insanity. My email address is twilliams@hansonbridgett.com.

I was two clicks from ordering Insanity but I wanted to get some feedback before I do. I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred and just saw the Insanity infomercial and thought that should be the next program I try. It looks INTENSE but exciting.

Thanks.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hi BiloxiBelle,
    I have not done the ChaLean X yet but that is what I will be doing as soon as I finish Insanity (I'm in 7th week)! It looks to be a great one though!! Hey! It is good to see a pic with your profile, you are very pretty!! Good luck at finding your NEXT challenge!!
    Verda

AWWW...thanks Verda. The pic is from kinda far away so you can't really see me, but that's very nice of you. I'm not finished with Insanity yet but I'm already planning out my next 6 months or so. I think hubby & I are going to be "program free" the month of December and pick up a round of P90X plus in January. I'm thinking of following that w/another round of Insanity before summer starts. AFTER THAT (i'm a big planner, can you tell?) I'm thinking Chalene or Cathe's STS. I kinda want to figure it out so maybe Santa can bring me some of these programs for Christmas!!

Keep me posted on your CHalene journey. I'll be interested in your thoughts on it. Congrats on your Insanity progress!!!!!!!! Man that S**T is BANANAS YO! (Shaun T has grown on me)
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Insanity really grows on you after about two days. The first day ... you will tell yourself, "I thought I was in shape." I am in week two and I love it. I bought insanity off of Craigslist. MUCH cheaper. I think it is good to change up every couple of months. So............ if you already have Chalean Ex. Do that... then do insanity. I LOVE INSANITY!! But ... I miss Chalean!
  • ZuzanaFan
    Options
    WOW!!! Loved the insight! My fiance' has the full P90X and I have tried it but have a damaged shoulder and it was really strained after trying to move with the program. I have never heard of the other two and would love more information. Especially on Chalean. Where can i find it and any idea on the cost? Slow workouts where I can focus and feel as if I can keep up really seem to help me stay focused and motivated rather then losing me and my motivation because I feel that I can't do it or can't keep up with the routine.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I have done ALL of the programs. They are all different and great in different ways. P90X is intense and tough with the pushups and pullups. I started it 3 years ago w/ really NO upper body strength (I was mainly just a runner previous to that). It kicked my butt. But let me tell you... it increased my strength in my upper body like I never imagined!!

I started ChaLean last November, right after it was released (I'm a BB coach, so I got it early! :laugh: ). It was different from P90X... Chalene is all about slower lifting, more concentrated reps and has some fun interval cardio. I lost another 8# and really shrunk the lower body using ChaLean.

I started Insanity again right after the release in July. I had just finished an accomplished my summer goal of an Olympic triathlon. I thought I would breeze through Insanity. No so... those workouts are TOUGH!! I lost another 8# and am below my goal weight now. Woohoo!! :drinker:

Let me know if ANYONE has questions about any BB program. I've tried most of them- P90X, P90X+, ChaLean, Insanity, Turbo Jam, Power 90, Slim in 6 and Slim Series, Tony's One on One, etc. My info is in my profile!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    WOW!!! Loved the insight! My fiance' has the full P90X and I have tried it but have a damaged shoulder and it was really strained after trying to move with the program. I have never heard of the other two and would love more information. Especially on Chalean. Where can i find it and any idea on the cost? Slow workouts where I can focus and feel as if I can keep up really seem to help me stay focused and motivated rather then losing me and my motivation because I feel that I can't do it or can't keep up with the routine.

You can order the workouts from any Team Beachbody coach. :wink: The slow movements in Chalene are AWESOME at really helping you focus on the muscles you are wanting to train. And Chalene keeps you motivated!
  • ZuzanaFan
    Options
    Thank you so much Jessmomof3!!!!:smile: Your insight to all the programs has been a great inspiration. Have you view the BodyRock.tv website yet? Let me know what you think of her workouts please. I keep thinking that her style is what I am motivated with, but if you can suggest one that is similar, please let me know. Thanks again for your insight and help.:flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thank you so much Jessmomof3!!!!:smile: Your insight to all the programs has been a great inspiration. Have you view the BodyRock.tv website yet? Let me know what you think of her workouts please. I keep thinking that her style is what I am motivated with, but if you can suggest one that is similar, please let me know. Thanks again for your insight and help.:flowerforyou:

No problem! I haven't heard of the Bodyrock?? Is it a cardio program or weight training? Let me know, or send me a message if you have more questions!