chickpeas?

Options
curvykatie
curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
i have a bag of chickpeas and i have no idea of what to do with them - the only idea i know of is curry but i dont know how to make a chickpea curry - or if you put anything else with it

anyone got any ideas or yummy recipes please?

Katie
xxxx

Replies

• papi2009
    Options
    They are really good in salad.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    You can roast them in a pan w/ a little olive oil and garlic. Toss them on a salad (I like to add mine to tuna salad). Yum!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    I think of hummus when I think of chickpeas. I've never had it but several of the others here make it all the time.
  • mrawlings
    Options
    make hummus mashed with garlic and eat with wheat crackers or pita
  • AshlySouthard
    Options
    Try looking on Supercook.com. I use that website constantly. You simply enter the ingredients that you have that you want to use and it generates recipes that people have submitted by searching your criteria. It may be of some help. :happy:
  • Make hummus!! Im half lebanese and i grew up with that stuff. Its YUMMY! Just google hummus recipes and you should get some good ones.
    :)
  • sabbles
    sabbles Posts: 37
    Options
    i love chickpeas!

make hummus with lemon, garlic and parsley, or roasted red peppers

make a curry with chopped tomatoes, cauliflower, onion, spinach, and/or chicken

put in chef or garden salads

roast with olive oil, garlic powder, italian herbs, and eat for a snack

tastes good in greek pasta salad with feta, tomatoes, black olives, drizzled with olive oil and lemon and spices
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Mix them in some pasta with some sauteed garlic, onions, spinach, and tomatoes (you can also add chicken). Add a small amount of olive oil or light butter, some fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can serve it warm or cold.
  • evie_wundt
    evie_wundt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love chickpeas. Make Spicy Garbonzo Bean and Turkey Sausage soup from Epicurious.com. Here's the link:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spicy-Garbanzo-Bean-and-Turkey-Sausage-Soup-458