I need help!

Options
I am so horrible with counting calories and diets. Everyday I wake up and say today is a new day, i will do good today, but then i get hungry and eat cookies or ice cream. i dont know whats wrong with me. i just keep telling myself tomorrow i will be better. i hardly fit into any of my pants anymore. i dont know what its gonna take for me to finally say this is it i have to lose the weight now, im scared to find out. i just cant say no to the food. please someone let me know how you do it.

Replies

• GlamNGlitter
    Options
    Girl I am the SAME way!!!!
    plus I absolutely HATEEEEEEE working out.... with a passion..i REALLY hate it!!!!!
    (which sucks lol)
    I just cannot get motivated at ALL to workout.
    for example: I wake up get all ready to work out and then I get side tracked into something (like I start cleaning the house because I notice some things need to be done.. ) before I know it it's late in the afternoon.

So if anyone has any motivation tips or anything to help me get to working out.. i'd Like those tips as well!! :happy:
  • jassy
    jassy Posts: 4
    Options
    I think you have to literally hit your breaking point, and then you'll find the motivation will come. I sounded exactly like you, up until 8 days ago when I literally said enough is enough. I couldnt' fit into my pants, and that was my breaking point. Everyone hits their breaking point in one way or another.

If you're worried that you're not going to hit a breaking point, then maybe start with small steps. Don't get rid of it all at once, start slimming down the portions, maybe try cleaning out your freezer and pantry, find a friend who wants to work out...or just keep checking out posts on here (like Before and After). I find that's REALLY motivating!! :smile:
  • Makai
    Makai Posts: 43
    Options
    Good news! Cleaning house burns calories:smile: Also if you have a dog or can borrow one from a friend or family member, that can get you out walking and be less distracting and boring than just plain old working out.
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been there. A lot. I say "Today is the day I'm changing my life" and then I maybe go a day before I give in to something. And once I've given in once, it's easier to keep doing so. What made the final difference for me was really analyzing my life. I didn't have a lot going for me. Single, fat and a dead end job. I just decided that I didn't want that kind of life. I wanted to get the lead in a musical at my community theatre, I wanted to date and I wanted to like where my life was heading. Everytime I go for a cookie or fries, I stop and rethink how eating that will put me back. Is that fry really worth my self-esteem? Of course, this website has helped a lot as well. I know everything that goes into my mouth and how many calories I have left for the day. If I want to indulge, I do. I just work out harder to accomodate.
    After a few weeks you start to see results. The more results you see, the easier it is to say no
  • jensocalgirl
    Options
    Find something you like... there is an activity for everyone. I started training for marathons and before I knew it I was running 10 miles like it was nothing. Maybe yoga or something could get you motiviated. Once you start doing exercises that require a lot of energy you'll see and feel the difference it you're eating crappy food. Or, if you really crave those sweets get some mini recees pieces and have ONE after lunch. Maybe give them to a co-worker and they can give you one a day.
  • nicole777
    nicole777 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    im just not sure how to get there. everytime i outgrow a pair of jeans i buy a bigger size. my husband tells me i look fine so i dont really try to lose weight. and when i ask myself if i really want those fries...i do so i eat the whole large fries. i wake up in the morning and tell myself i can either get up and work out or get an extra hour of sleep so i sleep.
  • blondeambition
    Options
    OMG! This is me. I had been doing really good this spring and made it within 10 pounds of my goal weight around the middle of June and then I dont know what happened. I lost it...I have put it all back on plus 10. Every day I wake up saying that I am going to start TODAY and today becomes TOMORROW. This has been 4 months worth of tomorrows that never happen. I am very down about myself...and the more down I feel, the less motivated I am. I need to get a grip and fast.
  • blondeambition
    Options
    OMG! This is me. I had been doing really good this spring and made it within 10 pounds of my goal weight around the middle of June and then I dont know what happened. I lost it...I have put it all back on plus 10. Every day I wake up saying that I am going to start TODAY and today becomes TOMORROW. This has been 4 months worth of tomorrows that never happen. I am very down about myself...and the more down I feel, the less motivated I am. I need to get a grip and fast.
  • nicole777
    nicole777 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    another problem i have, which definately doesnt help...everytime i get on the treadmill my shoes start rubbing the back of my ankles and i get blisters. so after 10 minutes i get off the treadmill which i blame on the shoes.
  • NikkiSchlitz
    Options
    I have had the same problem for years! I've even looked into hypnosis to end my food cravings. What I've been doing now that seems to help is not allowing myself to keep the fatty foods that I crave at night in my house. I'll get snacks every once in awhile but once they're gone, they're gone & I don't buy more until the next time I'm at the grocery store.

But the best thing I've found is to get a weight loss buddy. With in the last month a co-worker & I started the same diet. I slap his hand when he picks up a cookie & he takes my keys when I say I'm going to get fast food for lunch. We also joined a gym together and are constantly reminding each other to go at least every other day. It helps get me to the gym a lot more if I know I'm meeting someone there. I have an appointment & I can miss it. Also, if you can afford it, hire a personal trainer. They work wonders! they know what they're talking about and get you to do exercises you probably wouldn't on your own. Working out by yourself, you can get into a rut & plateau. A personal trainer helps to keep your work outs different & more effective.

287968.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I completely understand how you feel. I reached a point finally though where my jeans were starting to feel snug and I said enough is enough. I am not buying a bigger size, so I'm going to have to fix something in order to make them fit again. I will gladly buy smaller sizes when I come to that :) I cleaned out my cabinets and got rid of all the food that I overdo it on. Now my fridge is stocked with fruit and vegetables that I like. It's not going to be easy. It takes 21 days to break a habit and it will take 21 days to make a habit as well. But I find I am starting to grab good foods without even thinking about it anymore. I choose water or milk over pop now. I still am not good at exercising. I do have a dog and I try to take him for walks. Just walking at a moderate pace with him for 20 minutes burns 74 calories. Today I was running errands like crazy and I had a craving for Taco John's at lunch time. So I decided to have it even though I know it's not good for me. The thing is I then adjust what I'm going to have for dinner to make it fit into my calories. I think having something I like every once in a while it making it so I'm not set up to fail. As long as I'm not eating out 3 and 4 times a week, but let myself splurge every once in a while I am happy. I also try to tell myself "Do I really want that cheeseburger from McDonalds today, or do I want to be a size smaller, which means more to me?" Usually then I settle for a healthy snack. Also I found that eating healthier makes me fuller longer since I am not eating all the processed foods that fill me up for an hour or two and then leave me feeling hungry again. It's amazing how much better I feel as well!! You'll get there. We all still have our bad days